Chapter 29

Grayson's growth spurt gave Alexandra more worries with each passing day .

He looked about four years old now and he was a handful .

Alaric had come up with legends from a tribe in Brazil who knew something about half Vampire children born from human mothers .

  It wasn't a pretty picture that he was painting of the birthing process .

Alexandra had been very lucky to have had Bonnie and Cora when she gave birth . If Grayson had to break through her stomach , she'd have died .

She stared at the email Alaric had sent her feeling really sick to the stomach .

The vivid drawings of the birthing process was .... something nobody would be strong enough seeing.
They'd surely get sick just witnessing it .

" I should probably thank him ", she said to the computer screen," I'm sure he'd gone to a lot of lengths to find the answers to my questions".

" And who is the 'he'? ", Carlisle's​ voice  coming from behind her caused her to jump out of her chair  and turn around .

She huffed when she saw him standing in her doorway like some kind of royalty  , looking at her with those mesmerising topaz eyes of his .
Her own eyes were black and she looked a little sickly .

His eyes took that in immediately and widened in alarm as he stepped fully into the room .

" When did you last hunt ?", he asked with concern thick in his voice .

She turned away to switch off the computer . " It's none of your business ", she said .

She hadn't hunted for weeks now . She didn't want trouble with anyone , so she didn't go into the woods anymore .

" Alexandra ," he said ," It is my business when you're starving . Come on , let's go hunt ." He held a hand out to her .

She turned to him , shaking her head, ignoring his offered hand  ." No thanks . I don't need your help . I said it's none of your business . So leave it ".

It was his turn to shake his head . " No , it is my business . What if you lose control and attack someone ?. I can't have you doing that.  So , come . "

She shook her head again , but didn't say anything back this time .

Her anger towards the Cullens had waned some . She still didn't like them,but she decided if she kept a civil tongue towards them , they'd finally leave her alone. 
But that didn't work, it seemed. Because here was the doctor in all his glory , trying to get her to hunt with him of all things .

" Alexandra ," he began tiredly ," You have a child that needs you . If you starve yourself and then attack someone , we'll be forced to take action against you . I don't want to . I love you too much . "

She held her tongue and stood still , wishing that he'd leave her alone .

Then again  she wondered  what brought him to her Uncle's house .

" Why are you here ?", she asked , the words slipping out before she could stop them .

He moved closer to her until he was just an arm's length away ." Something strange is happening to Emmett . I wanted to talk to you about it , but seeing you look so...so...Oh, I can't find the right word for how you look. Anyway , I can't take you to see Emmett what with Jacob and Renesmee in the house . Edward would never forgive me if you did something to his kid ."

She rolled her eyes ." Really ?. I'm living in a house with my very human Uncle and does it look like I took a bite out of him ?. Seriously , I won't hurt the kid . I'm not interested in half Vampire blood . And what makes you think I want to go see Emmett ,huh?. He's not even a friend . "