Chapter 4

Carlisle Cullen had lived a long time .

He'd been born the child of a pastor that believed that all supernatural beings were evil.

He'd grown up with that notion and hadn't forgotten it even when he himself became a supernatural being.

It hadn't been easy for him to go on living as a Vampire even though he never touched human blood before .

Yes he'd bitten people before and could've drank their blood ,but he'd steeled himself against it and in return he found people that was worth living with.

First with Edward then with Esme and finally with Jonah, Rosalie and Emmett .

Jonah had been attacked by a hitman for hire within two years after he'd brought Esme into his little family. He'd found him in a forgotten alleyway in Boston , bleeding out and almost dead .

The hitman and those that had hired him had later suffered the price . Just like those that had wronged Rosalie.

Jonah became Esme's mate from the start . Just like Emmett had become Rosalie​'s.

Then then came Alice and Jasper whom had been turned in different times than the family by other Vampires .

His family was completed after that . Or so he thought.

Coming back to Forks after so many years had been a good idea at the time . Yet these days it seemed that he shouldn't have decided upon coming back .

For two years they'd lived peacefully ,his family and himself. Then one day in the third year life changed for them because of one Bella Swan who turned out to​ be Edward's mate .

She brought trouble with her . More than what was worth .

She's a danger magnet ,but he didn't mind her being in their lives .

He himself had been mateless for all the centuries of his life . He would've loved to have a mate that he could live and hold for eternity .

From the beginning of summer Alice had been pestering him about the new girl in town .

The girl was Chief Swan's niece . He haven't seen her yet . Not even since the beginning of the school year . Not even a single picture.

Alice seemed to be great friends with her . She talked about her a lot and it was something that Rosalie hated .

" We can't bring another human into our lives ", she'd ranted only yesterday to the rest of the family after Edward and Alice had taken  Bella home," Why does Alice keep talking about a girl not all of us know ?. What's so special about a human girl ?."

Carlisle had wondered that as well.  Why did they need any more trouble if they already had Bella?.

This girl was just another insignificant human that could bring them much more trouble than they needed .
Bella was enough .

This morning Alice had asked him if she could bring the girl over for Bella's birthday party and of course he'd said no .

Alice wasn't very happy about it . She'd wanted so badly to bring her new friend over to celebrate with them .

Edward and Jasper had persuaded her that it was for the best and she'd finally accepted it ,although rather very reluctantly at that .

Carlisle smiled to himself as he thought of dear little Alice that was such a great part of the family . He can't now ever imagine a life without her and Jasper.

A knock on his office door brought him out of his musings .

It was one of the young nurses that came to remind him that it was almost time for him to go home . He'd asked her and two others to do so today considering the fact that he needed to go home before the party .