Chapter 26

Alexandra looked into the mirror at her freakishly​ red eyes .

She wondered when it would fade to the colour of topaz . It's been a week since she'd woken up with it .

Her baby had a name now . She called him after her two Dads and Uncle  . Grayson Johnathan Charles Gilbert .

She didn't feel like giving him a unique name . The three names was good enough . Her Uncle called him Gray like he'd called her Dad Grayson​ when they were kids .

The boy was growing up fast and that concerned her . He wasn't supposed to look like a three month old while he was only a little bit over  week or so old .

Her Uncle seemed unhappy and worried about it too . He'd been scoring the internet and she'd called Alaric for help .

They'd probably find something soon .

Her over sensitive hearing caused her to hear her Uncle chopping wood outside and she could hear Grayson talking to himself downstairs where she'd left him to watch TV . He seemed to like TV shows . Especially Scooby-Doo .

Then she heard another sound . Another heartbeat . Another pair of feet . Another voice .

It was Jacob and he was talking to her Uncle  about Bella and about himself being a shape shifter .

She snorted as she left her room to go downstairs to check on Grayson .

He was asleep . She liked to watch him sleep at night . She missed sleeping .

Then she moved outside to walk over to Charlie and Jacob who were having a conversation .

Jacob immediately turned around and had to stop himself from snarling at her .

" Oh come on , Jacob . I'm not scared of you ," she scoffed at the way his face were scrunched up .

" How did you .....", he asked ,his voice trailing off slightly .

" It's a long story ", she said ," None of your business , though , it's between me and Gray . Anyway ,Uncle , if you're gonna go  see Bella  , I'll come with you for moral support . I'm not letting my cousin have a bite  of you ".

Jacob snorted ." Bella won't hurt him . She's got oodles of self-control. What do you eat ,by the way ?".

She rolled her eyes . " Bear , if you must know . I don't get thirsty too often . I'll get Grayson ".

Her Uncle nodded before shooting Jacob a glare . " I hope you're happy that not answering your phone killed a nice girl . Gmf , you and the Cullens disgust me  ".

Jacob's face fell. " Charlie .... I _"

" Save it . I don't want to hear anything​ . She's been through a lot . At least she's got Witches and the other kind on her side. "

Alexandra slung a kangaroo carrier over her chest with Grayson tucked into it .

He was still fast asleep . Thankfully .

She walked outside again to wait for her Uncle at his cruiser . She ignored Jacob's stare .
          🍼🍫🍫🍫🍼
Grayson was still asleep when they pulled up in the Cullens' driveway  .

His one hand curled around a part of her T-shirt , bunching​ it up in his tiny fist .

She ignored the stares from the one upper window . Her eyes on her Uncle's back as they made their way to the front door .

The front door opened before they reached it and both Carlisle and Jonah stepped outside to wait for them .

If she had a beating heart it would've skipped a beat at seeing Carlisle , but there was no feeling inside of her as of now .