Chapter 36

She watched as Bella trained to use her shield .

It had turned out that Bella had the neat ability to shield others from harm . The only problem was that she wouldn't be able to shield others from being decapitated by other Vampires .

Near her Grayson sat playing with cars that Emmett had given him to play with .

Often than not she'd look at him to make sure that he was safe and content .

She looked up from her perch on the porch swing when Rosalie plopped down next to her .

" Carlisle's looking for you ," she said .

Alexandra frowned slightly. He obviously know where she is . Why haven't he come to her by himself?.

" I'll watch Gray. You go to him . He's in his room".

Sighing softly the Döppelganger stood up , walking into the house with a brisk pace .

He was indeed in his room and stood watching the on going training from his window .

" You could've come to me yourself ," she grumbled as she stepped up to stand beside him .

He smirked amusedly.
" I know ,but where's the fun in that?. Anyway , a letter arrived for you in the post today . Your Uncle brought it to me at the hospital . It's from Harry . "

" Oh , did you read it ?".

He shook his head ." No and I'm not going to . But that's not really why I asked Rosalie to fetch you.  I wanted to spend time alone with you . As friends, of course , but I was hoping a little bit that you'd be willing to ...."

His voice trailed off and she understood clearly what he wanted . It was useless to even think otherwise.

" I'm sorry . You and I are friends only . I don't think spending time together as something else would be appropriate . Give me the letter so that I can read it ,please".

" It's in the drawer in my desk in my study", he said  ," I'll go get it . Stay here . This conversation between us isn't over ".

She wanted to tell him that it is ,but didn't want to waste her breath even though she didn't have a breath to waste anymore.
             👀👅👅👀
Carlisle and she didn't finish the conversation between them because Carlisle was needed elsewhere.

The days after that went by quickly . So did Christmas and then there were suddenly no time at all before the Volturi would come .

Alexandra wished that she could be somewhere else . Somewhere where she didn't have to deal with the three Volturi kings and their guard .

She asked herself why she even became a Vampire if she knew she'd have to deal with them personally.

She wished in the few days before the big bad  day that she had her own family with her . Namely Elena.

But Elena haven't contacted her in a while . Nor did anyone else and she began to think that they've written her off as nothing to them .

The day before the Volturi would come their was a big camping event going on where the Wolves and the Vampires came together to just talk and have fun .

Grayson and Renesmee slept in a tent that Bella and Edward had erected .

Alexandra wasn't happy about her child being near the Cullen girl , but she let it go when Carlisle promised that the kids won't be playing together . They would only sleep in the tent .

The lazing​ around the fire thing brought on nothing but silly war stories .

She sat around feeling miserable and bored out of her mind . Carlisle sat beside her ,his arm slung casually over her shoulders as he listened to the war stories  .

She'd tensed up at first when he had thrown his arm around her shoulders ,but then she'd relaxed when he didn't try to do more .

She was grateful for that. She didn't need him to force their relationship any further up the ladder than it was already .

It wasn't long before Bella asked her to take a quick walk with her .

She welcomed it ,but Carlisle looked disappointed when he had to pull his arm away .

They walked as far away as they could to get out of earshot of all the Vampires and Wolves before Bella spoke up.

" There's a contingency plan in place if things goes south ," she began pulling an envelope​ out of her coat and holding it out to Alexandra to take," Jacob and Leah will be running the kids to safety . Alice left me a message in a book and she gave an adress of an attorney that could help us forge this documents. The documents were already ready when I met up with the attorney , but I was shocked when there were only four passports and the checks for Jacob ,Leah and the kids . I'm sorry ,but it gave me the idea that Alice thought that we aren't​ going to survive this ".

Alexandra felt her heart constrict in pain ,anger and fear .

She had been there before when Klaus had come to Mystic Falls ,but then she had hope .  This gave her no hope . That's why she was afraid .

" Does Carlisle and Edward know ?", Alexandra asked carefully , knowing that sometimes Bella just liked to keep stuff to herself .

Bella shook her head . " No ,and you're not telling them".

Alexandra scowled . " They have the right to know , Bella. Look , I won't tell Edward , but I'll be the judge of Carlisle knowing. It's not knowing that broke our relationship . He's my friend now . I'm not risking it . You be the judge of Edward knowing . I'll respect that ."

Bella sighed then nodded . Alexandra was right . Carlisle and Edward had the right to know.
              👀👅👅👀
" Alexandra , what is this ?", Carlisle demanded softly as she handed him the passports of Leah and Grayson.

" Alice's contingency plan ", she answered simply ," Bella gave them to me . I thought you have the right to know ".

Carlisle stared down at the documents in his hands . Said hands trembled as his thoughts caught onto what this might mean for them .

" So there's no hope for survival ?  ," he whispered sadly.

Alexandra reached out to pat his shoulder . " Maybe , but we can't give up . We should stay strong and fight for your family and Grayson. We can still survive . It isn't​ over yet ".

He looked at her ,his eyes intense like it used to be when she was only a human girl ." How can you believe that when Alice put this contingency plan in place?".

" You forget that I've been through a lot worse and I survived , Carlisle. Don't worry , we'll get through tomorrow and if we don't we know that we've tried our best. Come on . Let's go check on Grayson and forget this for the moment . We can talk again before the Volturi comes . "
             👀👅👅👀
I know it's a little shorter than the rest . Sorry.👀