Chapter 33

Why were there family members who could persuade one to do things they'd already refused to do ?.

That was what ran through Alexandra's thoughts as she glared at the back of the seat in front of her ,her eyes burning  figurative holes i to it .

Beside her Grayson sat leaning against her , sleeping soundly and on his side Carlisle sat reading through a book , a soft content smirk on his lips. She wanted to slap that smirk off his lips ,but she'd have to clamber over Grayson then.

Who would've thought that her Cullen hating Uncle could be so persuasive ?. He'd told her to go to England with Carlisle so she could help ,not just the Cullens ,but herself , because it wasn't just the Cullens that were in danger ,but also her own family , namely himself​ .

She had thought of that a bit before she'd told her Uncle to call Carlisle, because she wasn't going to do that , and tell him that she would be accompanying him . Her and Grayson ,that is .

And now she was here feeling angry at herself and the world for listening to her Uncle who wasn't really supposed to know about the supernatural ,but did because of one mistake on the Cullens' part. Correction Edward's part .

" You know, I don't have to be an Empath like Jasper to know that you're angry . It's practically burning me right now ", his whispered words caught her attention and she wanted to just strangle him for the amusement in his tone .

She'd hurt him the night before with her words ,but it seemed that he is rather more forgiving than her when it comes to things like that.

She would've hated herself if she was in his shoes.

" I'm not angry at you ", she denied.

" Oh,yes you are , but not only at me . I would've apologized to you ,but it never works when I do ,so ..." His voice trailed off and he shrugged indifferently .

She let out a soft sigh ,yet didn't comment . It wouldn't help because she knew that he was telling the truth .

She looked down at her sleeping son . She couldn't ever think of Grayson as their son . He'd always be hers ,no matter what the circumstances . Even if she buried the figurative  hatchet between herself and every Cullen for good......Well, for good was a too strong little sentence . Two words did make a sentence ,right ?. In her case it probably didn't.

She can never ' for good' anything . Not even bury something that was only figurative ,though the hostility between herself and some Cullens were real.

" We'll go see a few friends of mine ,then if you want ,we can go see your family . After that we have other places to get to .... like Egypt ", he spoke casually as if there wasn't anything different about their  relationship ....Their non existent relationship ,that is.

" Egypt?. Why?", she asked , trying not to ask him about this whole weirdness of him being all forgiving.

" A friend of mine lives there . We need as much people as we can get , Alexandra. Amun is one of them ."

She looked up at him and found his gaze upon her , his face completely relaxed .Yet in his eyes she could still see a hint of sadness . He seemed to just hide it well enough .

She looked down guiltily and felt her heart constrict . She'd made him sad the day before because of how she'd felt and hadn't kept it from him like she should've .

" I'm sorry ," she blurted ," I really am. I just didn't like it that you had to apologize on Edward's behalf when he'd been the one to ...to..." She bit her lip not able to continue .

" I know . But you have to understand . Family means everything to Edward . Bella and Renesmee more so than anyone​ else . I'm sorry if he accused our child unfairly and I'm sorry if he slapped you for trying to defend Grayson . I realise that I shouldn't be apologizing , but he wouldn't do it and so I have to considering that he's my family ".