Chapter 14

" Hey ,Alex, can I ask you something ?", Bella asked that Wednesday  afternoon ,after full two days since  she'd come back from her Mom's house in Jacksonville .

They were hanging out for a change and  weren't snotty towards each other.

" Sure," Alexandra said , looking at her cousin while she painted Bella's toenails after she'd begged her ten times to do it .

" Um... everyone at school are talking about you being dropped off by Doctor Cullen last week , so, I was wondering if it's true ?".

Alexandra paused a moment to put the cap on the nail polish  bottle before she sighed exasperatedly .

" Bella ,he offered me a lift because I was walking to school that day and maybe because he's such a nice person he decided to pick up after school again . It's not such a big deal ,ya know . "

" Oh ," Bella said ," I suppose the town's gossip mill is being silly again ".

Alexandra giggled . " Yeah, people can be weird . At least if they talk about us we're a little popular. Be glad you didn't live in Mystic Falls . I hated it when my parents died . "

Her mood became somber at the last sentence. She didn't really want to talk about her parents . Not her real ones nor her adoptive ones.

" I'm sorry it must've been hard for you ", Bella said sympathetically .

" Yeah,but let's not_"

A rush of air caused both girls to jump only to groan when Edward was suddenly just there , sitting beside Bella.

" Ugh, not you ", Alexandra snarked  ," Don't you know it's​ a girl's night and no boys are  allowed?. And you're​ not even a boy . I don't think you're a man either".

" Alex!", Bella shouted in shock . She didn't expect Alexandra to be so rude to Edward even when she insulted Alice once .

" It's okay ,Bella . Alexandra and I don't really get along ,so it isn't a surprise ", Edward drawled .

Alexandra rolled her eyes and got up . " I'm going . I've lost my need to hang out with you , Cousin . Go ahead ,play with your boy . I'm out ".

With that said she was about to leave when Edward suddenly blocked her exit from Bella's room .

" No stay . I didn't mean to crash your girl's night . I just came because I remembered that scent on you . It's the same that Bella's​ room had on Monday . "

Alexandra's eyes widened in surprise . " He was here ?. Why didn't you tell me?!", she accused .

" Because it wasn't your business ", Bella retorted ," He hadn't even been in your room....Wait!... The Vampire's a he ?".

Alexandra sighed ." Yeah , Bella . The Vampire is a he . Now can you please explain to me what's going on ?."

" It's nothing ," Bella said ," You just forg_"

" No , Bells, he knows her . If he caught her scent here ,then that means that she might be in danger too. Come on , both of you get your coats . Carlisle would want to hear this . "

" No, Edward . She can't go to your house . I ... I don't feel comfortable about her knowing our business ".

Alexandra did another eye-roll  . Of course Bella would guard her precious Cullens with jealousy and also her little secrets.

" Oh come on, Bella . Stop being like that . Alexandra ,get your coat . Bella and I will wait in the car ."

The younger Gilbert twin threw her hands up in frustration ,but did as he asked .
              🏺🏺🏺🏺
The Cullens' house wasn't what she expected .