Chapter 32

" Emmett's eating food . Real human food ", Bella told Alexandra a week after they made peace .

Well if you could call it peace when she still had her moments of wanting to bludgeon the Cullens to death. It hung on a thin thread that could break any moment .

Bella had come over to see her Dad and brought Renesmee to play with Grayson . Not that the two really played like normal kids . They were just staring at each other as if analysing each other's weaknesses . Jacob who came along watched them in amusement.

" Uh...", was all response Alexandra could muster . She didn't know what to say or do with that knowledge .

" I just thought I'd tell you . Maybe we can test this ability of yours?. To reverse it , I mean . Not that Emmett would volunteer , though . He likes being able to eat . He says it makes him feel better about , you know. The whole being Vampire thing . Carlisle's fascinated by it. He's a real scientist that one".

Alexandra didn't comment on that . Her cousin was trying to get her to speak about this rickety friendship that she had with Carlisle .

Rickety isn't the best word for the description of the friendship ,though, but she couldn't think of another just yet.

She couldn't really call it a friendship either . They were civil to each other when he comes by to see his son every afternoon , but that's just as far as it goes . They don't even laugh or joke around like friends do . It was really weird .

" Are you going to be here for Christmas ?", Bella changed the subject because she realised that her cousin wasn't interested in speaking about the Cullens .

Alexandra shrugged " I don't know . Probably . I don't think I'll be going to Mystic Falls again . Not now anyway . I had enough of it to last me a lifetime . Elena isn't even there . Not even Bonnie and Caroline . Jeremy is in Denver with family friends . Or so I've been told . Living away from my siblings caused me to be out of the loop . But I'm not really interested in their goings on . I wanted to get away from all that supernatural stuff and look at me now ." She shook her head at how stupid she was ....is for thinking that she could get away .

" So , you'll be here ?," Bella asked ," Because Carlisle would feel hurt if you weren't here ".

Alexandra sighed . So much for her cousin changing the subject .
" I said I don't know . Let's leave it at that ,shall we?. Anyway Christmas isn't for a while yet ."

" Um ,Okay, why don't we get out of the house right now and go for a walk somewhere ?. It'll do the kids good and both of us can speak of other stuff that doesn't concern our families....Uh , family  ".

" You can say families . I'm not one of the Cullens and frankly I don't want to be . Anyway, if you wanna take a walk that's fine with me ."

" I actually want to take Renesmee hunting , but we can just walk if you don't want to teach Grayson to hunt just  yet ".

" My son isn't interested in blood . He's content with human food . Maybe it's because of my ability to heal ."

" Or Carlisle's super self-control . You know , he's never drank human blood and had never wanted to ".

Alexandra huffed mentally . Her cousin kept bringing Carlisle into their conversations . What was she trying to achieve with that ?.
             💫💟💟💫
She stood in a corner of the Cullens' living room , holding onto her child's shoulders , refusing to let him go .

The walk had turned into a disaster . Instead of it being pleasant.

A Denali cousin of the Cullens had come to visit and make peace with them ,but it didn't get that far because she'd seen Jacob and the children .