Chapter 37

The Volturi were....scary .

But after someone like Klaus Mikealson they seemed less so to Alexandra .

Yes they were in a different league of scary than Klaus  and yes she should probably be scared of them . But she wasn't .

Not even seeing their guard and their own witnesses that fairly outmatched the Cullens' meagre bit of witnesses .

They were dark . Not in skin ,but their clothes and the aura they​ shone out .

Evil was one word .

Alexandra felt cold . It was probably how Bonnie had felt touching Stefan in their Junior year . She didn't know .

It wasn't fear ,though . Just the cold ,dead feeling .

She stood listening to Aro ,the more vocal one of the three Volturi kings, talk to Edward and Bella .

She watched the proceedings of Edward and Renesmee showing their memories to Aro .

She held onto her son , hoping that she and him didn't have to do that .

She felt overwhelmingly overprotective of the child that clung to her .

She mentally cringed at the thought of that man touching her .

How could Edward and Renesmee stand it ?. How could Bella be so fine with Aro being so near her child . 

A hand touched her shoulder and she looked up at Carlisle who gave her a reassuring look .

There was even a little smile on his lips that irked her .

This situation didn't deserve a smile , however small it was.

Then without any warning _

" Carlisle, I presume that the newborn​ standing beside you is your mate and that she also had a child while human?. Edward's mind didn't show me anything about her or the boy's birth . Why is that?".

" I wasn't there," Carlisle said truthfully, his voice clear and strong as he spoke ," A Witch helped her give birth normally like any human would . She didn't die because of giving birth . She got bitten by the newborn baby  . A Nightwalker tried to help her by giving her his blood, but the venom still spread and she became both of our species. "

Aro's eyes held a glint that Alexandra would've associated with a mad scientist . She could almost hear the cogs turn  in his mind as he thought .

" Fascinating . If the situation wasn't so different , I would've loved talking to her about how she felt being of two different species at once . However ,My dear , I would like to read your mind to gain a firsthand account of what had happened to you . "

He held out his hands to her and she felt her body tense and heard her mind scream to not go near him .

But she had no choice . She had to go to him even if it was something unpleasant .

Her legs moved without her bidding and soon enough Aro's hands enfolded hers . She had to steel herself not to pull away as he held her hand.

To be near him like she'd once been to Klaus was a lot worse than she'd ever thought .

Aro didn't take long to finish reading her mind . He stepped back a step and looked at her.

" You've known of the Nightwalkers and Witches for a time , I see. And of course of the one Original that is feared by many ,even by some of our kind . You're a Döppelganger ?. I have met one long ago . Her name was Daria . I think she might've been older than the Katherine Pierce you know from your experience with the Nightwalkers. Such a pretty little thing . But then again she died at the hands of a Witch who saught more power than was worth . Tell me, the sun does not bother you ?. You are after all half of them . "

A Different KindOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara