Chapter 5

"I'm sorry , Alex , but I don't know any supernatural beings like you've described", Alaric Saltzman said to her over the phone.

" Okay, but you'll ask around ,right?. I need to know if these people are in fact supernatural beings ".

Alexandra had asked her old history teacher over an email   that she'd sent the previous evening after Bella left with Edward for her birthday party at the Cullens' house.

" I'll ask Damon. Maybe he'll know ,but no promises ,Lex . Anyway , I got to go . I've got papers to mark and all that . Give my regards to your Uncle,will you?. "

" I will. Bye ,Ric ".

She sighed when they hung up . If Alaric didn't know ,then who did ?.

Gazing around her room she frowned slightly as she was deep in thought for a few seconds.

This morning none of the two younger Cullens had been at school . Not even Edward that was Bella's epic undying love and would never leave her side.

It had made her wonder as she'd gone through the school day and then walked home because Bella was supposedly going to the library first and she didn't feel like going .

She looked down at her wristwatch and frowned . She needed to start on dinner and then check if Bella's home. Goodness knows, in this household ,the only time one know if someone is home is when you see and hear them .

Her Uncle Charlie​ would  switch on the TV and  she'd here a game of baseball or basketball playing on it while Bella would be listening to music .

" No one's probably home but me ", she thought while she left her room to go downstairs and start on dinner .

Not​ a soul was downstairs . When she looked outside at the driveway​ she could see Bella's truck sitting there and that made her wonder where her cousin is since she wasn't inside the house and she was clearly not in the truck unless she was laying down on the seat , which Alexandra doubted .

She went to check just in case ,but Bella wasn't there just as she'd thought .

Going back inside she started on dinner , thinking that Bella had probably gone on a walk .

It was just a few hours later that she stood outside feeling bad that she didn't go and look for Bella when she had found her truck empty .

When she told her Uncle that he said that she would've gotten lost herself .It didn't make her feel any better, though.

The driveway was full of vehicles and people who'd come to help look for Bella .

When Alexandra had offered to go into the woods too to help look , her Uncle had forbidden her because he was afraid she'd get lost  .

Now she stood beside a boy that she didn't know and an old  native American man in a wheelchair who was talking to her Uncle and another old native American man with silver grey hair .

The boy was also a native American with long black hair hanging loosely over his shoulders .

The boy didn't talk much to her . She didn't mind because obviously she didn't know him even though he is a friend of Bella's  .

" I'm going to try the Cullens again ," her Uncle grumbled while he bend over a map of the woods .

" The Cullens left town, Charlie", the  man in the wheelchair reminded him .

" Good riddance ", the grey haired man added bluntly .

Alexandra wondered what the Cullens did to him that he sounded so...so vengeful towards them.