Chapter 3

Summer in her new home wasn't as great as Alexandra had  hoped .
Unfortunately her previous summer had been the same .

She came to the conclusion that one couldn't possibly run away from reality and what it entailed.

She had lost an Aunt and a man whom she'd known as her Uncle for years, yet was her real father .

It was still hard to forget that she and her twin had been responsible for their deaths. The guilt ate away at her heart most days .

If Elena and herself had been normal ....,or rather, if the world​ had been normal, such things as a Vampire attack or a Ritual to break a curse wouldn't have broken up a household . It hurt to know that life for them could never be normal.

The first few days of her living in Forks went by quietly in a boring way that almost drove her up the walls .

The effects of those first days were only felt inside of her because outside her face was calm and friendly , even when she saw no real reason as to why she should be friendly at all.

Gradually she began pushing all thoughts of life in Forks being boring out of her mind and began looking for a summer job to keep herself busy .

She got one at a small grocery store not far from Bella's job at Newton's Olympic Outfitters .

It was convenient because Bella could drop her off on the days she worked . Other days she'd walk to and from the store.

The job kept her busy so that she wouldn't think too much about stuff like Stefan being somewhere in the USA with the Original Hybrid , searching for werewolves that could be turned into Hybrids themselves.

It wasn't Elena that had told her about it . It had been Jeremy who'd expressed some brotherly worry over Elena's new problems.

" Elena's searching for Stefan , trying to bring him home. I don't know why she's even bothering . I mean , he may not want to come home  ", was Jeremy's last  words on that day before they'd said goodbye and hung up .

Jeremy's words had awoken her sisterly worries.  She felt like she had failed Elena and him . But as it is , she couldn't just go home now because she didn't want to . She was happy in her supernatural free environment.

On Sundays and some Saturdays when she wasn't working , she'd help Bella get the house in order and cook  dinner because that was the only time the three of them could sit down for a meal.

Problem was, Bella wasn't home much . She spent her days mostly at work and at the Cullens ,her boyfriend and his family.

Alexandra had met Edward with his peculiar impossibly pale skin, bronze hair and his strange topaz coloured eyes . 

He was strangely beautiful . He looked like a supermodel and had hair  almost styled like Stefan's .

He looked nothing like the younger Salvatore brother ,though.  He looked inhuman , like he was something out of this world . It made Alexandra wonder a lot about if he was even a human .

He came and went at the Swan's house like he lived there .

Some nights Alexandra was almost sure that she could hear him talk with her cousin ,but then she thought that she might possibly be mistaken because she was sure Charlie wouldn't let a boy be in Bella's room that time of night.

He wasn't the only Cullen she'd met . She ,in fact, had met three others when they'd come to the grocery store.

One was a woman with beautiful caramel hair and pale skin . She'd introduced herself as Esme Cullen , a sister or cousin  of the  Doctor that worked at the hospital.