Chapter Nine: Come With Me

A/n: So, yeah. My first draft for Chapter Nine got accidentally deleted but maybe there's a better reason why. I hope this chapter is better.

Harry and Ron were very surprised to see Hermione hanging out with Draco for the past two months that passed

Harry and Ron were very surprised to see Hermione hanging out with Draco for the past two months that passed. It wasn't just them who was aware of her friendship with him and since they were very much close, some could mistake them as a couple. Even the prefects of both houses were aware of their closeness as they had observed that they've been making potions alone, read books at the library together after their last classes, and meet each other in the courtyard to just chat. 

At night when curfew was about to be enforced, there were professors who saw how the two of them don't want to separate but since they're in different houses, they knew they had to free from each other. It was always only at night where they're separated. 

Slytherins and Gryffindors could be friends but everyone does know the old rivalry between the two houses. It hasn't and it may take years before the old rivalry to end and so, being too close to a girl in a different house was something uncommon and hated by the pureblood wizards that were sorted in the snake clan. 

Even so, they were able to make friends with her when Hermione helped them find a good book in the library for research.

"Thank you for helping me find Tales of Addie The Bard," Harry told her. "She's a legendary potioneer and I want to read more about her."

"It's a fairytale known by witches and wizards, then," Hermione smiled. "Thank you for telling me. If you need more help, call me."

...

Harry was waiting for Draco in the common room of the Slytherin House as he wanted to talk to him about his relationship with Hermione, after all. she may be in a different house but she's still one of his friends in Hogwarts and that also includes Draco who doesn't seem to act just as a friend but a boy who was infatuated with her. 

The common room was a dark place every night as their common room's at the dungeons. Students would usually see the snake statue engraved on the wall and sit on the couch or at an old wooden chair which was next to a small table with lit candles. Draco was about to step on the staircase when he saw Harry on the couch which made him totally surprised and freeze on the spot. He didn't know why Harry was still awake but he mustered to make a conversation with him. "Why aren't you in your room, yet? Isn't it late?"

Harry rose from the couch facing the fireplace and turned his back to face him. "I've been waiting for you since there's something that I want to ask you."

"What's it about? Care to tell me?"

"There's a lot of people who are aware of how close you are to Hermione." Harry smiled. "It doesn't seem to be a simple friendship."

His cheeks immediately became red upon the realization that his feelings towards her may be too visible but if it was, he wondered why Hermione wasn't saying anything. He didn't want to inconvenience Hermione with such rumors and destroy the friendship he was able to get from her. "Are you going to tell her that I like her, Harry? I'm sure you don't want us to be fighting, right?"