Chapter Twenty-Seven: Unicorn's Blood

A/n: Thank you for reading my fanfiction! If there's something you want to tell me, write it in the comments below. Thank you!

 Thank you!

Hagrid was walking around the Forbidden Forest in the morning to look around it to see if some students had gone down there to explore without the approval of the school but instead of seeing students, what he saw was a corpse of a majestic unicorn

Hagrid was walking around the Forbidden Forest in the morning to look around it to see if some students had gone down there to explore without the approval of the school but instead of seeing students, what he saw was a corpse of a majestic unicorn. The unicorn lost all of its blood and soon, it withered.

He began to look if it was killed by an animal but after observing and looking at the punctured wounds of the unicorn, it shocked him that the culprit could be human.

The blood of a unicorn will keep someone alive even if you are an inch from death, but at a terrible price as the person who would do it have slain something pure and defenseless to save himself, and he will have but a half-life, a cursed life, from the moment the blood touches the lips of whoever will do it.

He knew that after seeing what happened in the forest, he had to report to Dumbledore what he had witnessed. He did his best to calm down and after he reached Dumbledore's Office, he spoke the password and he was allowed to enter to meet him.

Before leaving, he buried the dead unicorn and he hoped that they will find the culprit soon.

...

Hagrid stood in front of Dumbledore while looking down at the floor and it was clear to the professor that he saw something that needs total attention.

"Why have you come, Hagrid?" Professor Dumbledore asked him. "You seemed to have seen a ghost."

"Not like a ghost," he began. "A dead unicorn was found in the fores' and the culprit could be human."

Dumbledore almost dropped the book in his hands. "Someone's drinking unicorn blood?"

"Yes, sir," Hagrid answered. "Wha' do we do, professor? Shouldn't we be looking for who did it?"

"Let's best take this in secret for a while and try to see if the death of the unicorn would connect to what's going on with the philosopher's stone," he told him. "We can't make other professors panic. Severus was still investigating a fellow professor he believes was the culprit who wanted to steal the stone."