Chapter Thirty-One: Back To Hospital Wing

A/n: Thank you to all of the people reading my book!!! Glad to know that I still have active readers!!!

Day by day, Severus Snape kept coming back to check Harry after he successfully rescued him deep below the castle

Day by day, Severus Snape kept coming back to check Harry after he successfully rescued him deep below the castle. It also hurt him whenever he remembered how much injured the child was and in so much pain when he found him. He was, at least grateful that Ron and Hermione weren't that much hurt when they found them but Harry turned out to sleep for three days, now. Worry for the child finally settled in and even if he doesn't believe in any gods or goddesses, he prayed that he'd wake up.

Sirius folded his arms while standing a few meters behind Severus.

Up until that time, he was still very confounded and shocked to see him acting like a very worried father to Harry. Harry wasn't his child but he acts as if he came from him. It wasn't just his love for Lily that drove Snape to keep protecting him. He was genuinely worried, and also, he loves the kid.

"Can you tell me exactly why Sirius doesn't feel like the man I know before I was in prison?" Sirius asked Madam Pomfrey. "If not because of his greasly hair, I might have thought that he's James Potter."

"Professor Dumbledore allowed Severus Snape to take care of Harry to protect the child and also, to get him to change," Madam Pomfrey replied to him. Snape was very broken when Lily passed away and it was her child that helped him move away from his dark past. "He was successful in changing him, isn't he? Look how much he loves Harry. Harry loves him as his guardian, too. Why wouldn't they love each other? They've been together for eleven years."

Sirius gulped at the time he was reminded that Harry grew up with Severus in the Muggle World next to the house of Petunia Evans. He wanted to step in and take care of him since he's Harry's godfather but at the time he saw the boy had woken up on his bed and took Severus Snape around his arms, he knew that it would be wrong to keep asking Albus Dumbledore to allow him to be Harry's guardian. "Thank you for the reminder, Madam Pomfrey. It was much better to allow Harry to live with Severus Snape. I won't ask Dumbledore again for the right to have him."

...

That afternoon, Ron, Hermione, Draco, and Dudley came to visit Harry in the hospital wing. Soon enough, the hospital wing became very loud because of the children's chatters. Ron was in a cast, while Hermione just had band aids around her fingers.