Chapter Twenty-Four: Secrets

A/n: Thank you for reading my fanfiction!!! I'm happy that you like this chapter!!! ❤️❤️❤️

Harry Potter hated his classes in Defense Against The Dark Arts whenever he remembered the time he saw Professor Quirrell talk to someone unknown

Harry Potter hated his classes in Defense Against The Dark Arts whenever he remembered the time he saw Professor Quirrell talk to someone unknown. Even so, after the classes, he began stalking him again with his friends to know what he was up to again but they were soon interrupted by Hagrid and Charlie who were both talking about dragons around his hut. Lastly, the three of them overheard that the three-headed dog was owned by Hagrid.

"That colossal dirty dog is yours?" Ron asked Hagrid who almost jumped in shock when he heard his voice. "We saw that dog when we got lost in the castle!"

Hagrid chuckled with joy. "That big dog is mine and his name is Fluffy! After winning him in a gamble, I learned to play any instrument to make him sleep."

Hermione was surprised but he understood him completely. It also reminded her that the dog's standing on a small door beneath the floor. "That beast has a name? It scared me when it towered over us in the forbidden room on the 3rd floor when we got lost!"

"He's my pet and he's a good dog!" Hagrid chuckled. "And he loves music!"

"Won't you want to give us information on what it is protecting down below the basement of the tower?" Hermione raised my eyebrows. "Like Ron, I saw that beast when we got lost in Hogwarts and it was when we were to hide away from Professor Quirrell who felt us eavesdropping on his many conversations alone!"

The half-giant had a slip of the tongue suddenly. "Fluffy's protecting the red stone beneath that door. It is a very precious stone of Nicholas Flamel."

Charlie's forehead creased and his hands wiped his face because of disappointment. "The curious kids now know something they shouldn't have known! Why must you tell them?"

"Forget 'bout it!" Hagrid screamed to them when he realized that he was giving information to them "I mustn't 'ave 'told yeh 'bout dat!"

"Why can't you just tell us about it, Hagrid?" Harry begged him. "We want to help protect it! I worked as a spy for Snape while I'm here at school!"

"There's no need for your help since the professors had all devised a way to protect it!" Charlie folded his arms. "Four professors had already contributed to it, and it includes your guardian, Harry!"

Harry's eyes went wide with surprise after he heard what Charlie said to him. "My dad did something to protect the stone? Does it mean that he knows where the stone is? Professor Quirrell may want to steal the stone!"

Charlie gasped in surprise since he had a slip of the tongue. "Forget about that! The three of you should go back to your classes! Don't you have classes now?"

"How do we pass through Fluffy?" Hermione asked them. "Can you tell us?"

"We can't tell you 'dat information 'Arry," Hagrid told him. "T'is classified information. My dog indeed loves to hear musical instruments, too!"

Ron smiled. "Don't worry about that since we'll know where the stone is by ourselves. I'm sure we won't need any other help."

"Hagrid has just said earlier that the dog likes music," Harry sighed. "It could mean that they'll suddenly fall asleep when someone plays music to them."

"Don't you have classes?" Charlie asked them after he crossed his shoulders together. "Why don't you go now? Should I drag you to your respective classrooms?"

"You don't need to do that to us, Charlie! The three of us and including Dudley and Neville will protect it!" Harry vowed to them. "I can't just do nothing about it when I know that I can do something!"

"We have to go back to class, anyway," Hermione added. "Even if they don't tell us more about its whereabouts, we will find it and protect it against Professor Quirrell."

"You're just kids!" Charlie exclaimed. "No adult wanted you to be in danger!"

The trio screamed. "We're not just kids!"

"Why do you even want to keep tabs on Quirrell?" Charlie said after looking straight at their eyes.

"He's up to steal it," Harry interrupted them. "I'm sure of it!"

A/n: Thank you to all those who will read this chapter! If you liked this part, feel free to comment and vote!💗💗💗