Thirty Five: To The Next Year!

A/n: Hoping you like this last chapter!! I'm happy that you like it!!! :)

✨️✨️✨️✨️✨️✨️✨️

It was such a lovely day when Severus Snape and Petunia Evans married each other and signed a marriage contract already. Signing the contract, was clearly one of the biggest decisions he had ever decided and yes, with the kiss he planted on her, he promised her that he will always protect her and his family against Voldemort.

Of course, Harry and Dudley were happy that time since his adopted father and aunt had married, even so, Harry knew that for the next school year, Dudley will feel so pressured since Severus Snape just became his father. Now, Snape became Harry's and Dudley's official guardian. Most of all, Snape was now officially his stepfather, after all, and so, that time, while they were inside their own treehouse Snape made for them at the backyard, Harry asked Dudley, "Are you alright? Are you happy for our guardians?"

"It's true that I am happy but I also don't know what to actually feel. Why? I've lived alone for years but now, I'm with a family," Harry answered him. "Snape isn't exactly my father, either. My parents are both dead. Even so, I'm happy you do have a stepfather and mother. Your biological father's also still alive."

Dudley gulped in surprise. "We're still family, Harry! Consider me not just as a cousin but as a brother, too. I'm sure we'd be a happy family."

"We're going to be the strangest family ever here in Privet Drive!"

"There's nothing wrong with being different!"

"Will I really be able to treat you as brother, Dudley?" cried Harry. "I can't believe that I have a family, now!"

After a few more moments, Snape began calling them since Petunia was cooking barbecue for everyone. Maybe it's true that for Harry, he was beginning to fear that he may lose his father and their closeness now that he found a woman to love. He had him for years because of his love for his mother but he was also happy for him as he had found someone to love and protect.

At that moment, they all know that for now, they're all safe and sound. Everything was still innocent and Voldemort has not risen as of yet.

...

That night, after the party after they've signed the contract, Petunia took Snape under her arms while they were inside their huge bedroom. "You're not a Death Eater anymore, am I right?"

"Of course, I am not," Snape replied as he hugged her back. "I've been with Dumbledore for so long now."

Even so, Petunia was still very much worried. "You're not his double agent, am I right? I don't want you dying! Even if I'm a Muggle, my sister was a witch! I've seen the dangers she faced and if I've stayed longer with Vernon, I may have been bitter against the Wizarding World or abused Harry!"

"We're not going to die," cooed Snape. "Harry and Dudley are also going to be safe with me, there."

"It's you that I'm worried about! You-Know-Who murdered my sister and I am afraid that once he's back, you would also die!" Petunia sat on the bed and stared straightforwardly at him. "Don't you think other Death Eaters will have known that you're a traitor, now? I'm afraid that I'd lose you, too!"

Snape sighed. "That's what you're worried about? Petunia, I am safe and I am still alive. Why don't we think about where to go for our Honeymoon instead while I allow the kids to be in one of the Order of the Phoenix's houses while we are away?"

"Alright," Petunia sighed. "Who would take care of the kids while we're on a Honeymoon?"

"Dumbledore chose him and not me," Snape answered. "We'll be bringing them to The Burrow. The Weasleys will take care of them all throughout and until the next school year."

"We can trust them, right?" Petunia asked him. "Where would we go?"

"You're the one who should choose. Our Honeymoon will last one year before I return to Hogwarts," Severus answered. "Tour me more in the Muggle World. Before I met you, I hated Muggles as far as you can remember because of my father."

"The Muggle World is amazing! Do you want Paris, France? Paris is good," Petunia snickered. "What about Maldives? There's a lot we can go to!"

"Let's stick to Europe, my dear flower!" Snape kissed her forehead. "Lose your worry. We are still alive and it's going to be a long time before You-Know-Who rises again."

🌸🩷🩷🩷🌸

A/n: To all those still reading my fanfiction, I want to absolutely say thank you! The book has officially ended! There will be a Book 2, soon!