Thirty Four: Back Home

A/n: Thank you to all of the people who continue to read this story! Last chapter will be written soon!!!

🖤🖤🖤🖤

It was already evening when Severus, Dudley, and Harry had arrived back home in Privet Drive. Of course, it made Harry and Dudley sad to part away from their friends for a while but at the same time, thrilled to know that Hermione could visit them as she also will have her vacation in London.

At the time they arrived back home in their home in Privet Drive, they all mounted of a black car and when Severus's eyes locked on Petunia's eyes, they can't help but kiss each other again as they have missed each other's company. Falling in love with a woman again definitely made Snape softer but also, even if he thought he was growing weaker by having Harry as a child, he knew that having people he wanted to protect weren't going to be his weakness but strength, instead.

Dudley was very much shocked seeing her mother mooch around him but at the same time, he felt conflicted over seeing his mother to fall in love with another man. "Mom? I'm here, you know?"

"Sorry dear!" Petunia stepped closer to him immediately. "Let's go now."

"Good evening, Aunt Petunia," Harry said to her. "Glad to see you."

"You're all tired," Petunia told them. "Come in the house and rest."

Dudley just looked at his mother who seemed so red that time. Even so, as much as he was happy that his mother found incredible love with Severus Snape, doubts if he could accept him as a father surrounded him. It's true that he was a good teacher and Harry's guardian but becoming his son made him worry since he knew that if he's adopted by him, like his cousin, other wizards older or younger than him will expect too much from him. He had a difficult time living as Harry's cousin already but what about being a Potioneer's son? He knew that people may just be disappointed if he doesn't work or study well.

They ate dinner together, Harry and Dudley talked about their adventures during that time. Soon, after they were done and were finished taking a hot bath, Petunia took them and their luggages in their rooms where they could finally rest and sleep.

...

The next day, Severus woke up first, and made his own coffee through magic. He made sunny side up eggs, prepared bread for everyone and poured milk on the breakfast table.

A few minutes later, Harry and Dudley both woke up at almost the same time. It was then he told the kids after both stood in front of the breakfast table to surrender their wands to him making them stare at their guardian and wake up totally.