You Can't Stop the Beat

At McKinley In The Choir Room

Number Outfits

"Okay, that didn't work

"Okay, that didn't work." Jamey said to Blaine who nods. "They hate us so much they start a bonfire in the courtyard." Quinn said to them as Will walks into the room. "Actually, that was an act of political protest." Santana said to her. "Which leads me to the next order of business." Will said while walking over to Santana. "Santana, you need to leave. It was you and the Cheerios who set fire to our piano. How could you do that?" Will asks her. "Mr. Schue, Sue made me." Santana said to him. "Brittany didn't do it." Jesse said to her. "Well yeah, I was gonna help, but I dunno, I'm the water sign, so..." Brittany said to them. "You're banned from Glee. Don't come back unless you can be as loyal to this club as the rest of the people in this room." Will said to her and he holds out an arm to the door, indicating that SANTANA should leave. Santana gets up to walk out. "You know what? I could use a break." Santana said and she walks out of the room. "I said it before and I will say it again. If we want to win Nationals this year, we need to be united." Will said to them and he looks at Jesse and Jamey. "Guys." Will said and the two walks to the front. "We will be doing another school musical." Jesse said to them making Rachel look at them. "West Side Story." Jamey said to them. "Is that the one with the cats?" Brittany asks them. "And it just so happens to have a lead role that showcases my talents and essence perfectly: Maria." Rachel said to them. "For which there will be open auditions, right? Because Mercedes is feeling extremely pretty this year." Mercedes said to them with a smile and Will looks at Kurt. "Kurt, you had something too, right?" Will asks him and Kurt stands up. "Kurt Hummel is wading into McKinley High's shark-infested political waters and running for senior class president. I thank you in advance for your votes." Kurt said to everyone and he walks over to Jamey. "Okay. So much excitement." Will said to them while Kurt and Jamey share a hug. "Now, let's rehearse." Will said to everyone. "Look at what they did to us, Mr. Schue. Just like these purple pianos, they ripped out our guts, threw crap all over us, and burned us up." Tina said to him. "Yeah, we got hit pretty hard. But..." Will said and he walks over to one of the pianos and he pushes a few piano keys. "These pianos are still making music, and so are we." Will said to them and Jesse walks over to one with Brad. Brad plays the piano for the number to start. 

Jesse
You can't stop an avalanche,
As it races down the hill,

Jesse sings while Blaine was watching her with a smile.

Jesse
You can try to stop the seasons
But you know you never will
And you can try to stop my dancin' feet

Jesse sings as she turns to everyone while Jamey, Kurt, and Will sit down.

Jesse
But I just cannot stand still
'Cause the world keeps spinnin'
Round and round
And my heart's keeping time
To the speed of sound
I was lost 'til I heard the drums
And I found my way

Kurt smiles at her while putting his head on Jamey's shoulder.

Jesse
'Cause you can't stop the beat

Jesse holds her note and she smiles at everyone. 

In The Auditorium On Stage

Jesse
Five, six, seven, eight!

Jesse and Jamey
Ever since this old world began

The New Directions dance on stage with Jamey and Jesse in front.

Jesse and Jamey
A woman found out if she shook it
She could shake up a man
And so I'm gonna
Shake and shimmy it
The best that I can today
'Cause you can't stop
The motion of the ocean
Or the sun in the sky
You can wonder if you wanna
But I never ask why
If you try to hold me down
I'm gonna spit in your eye and say
That you can't stop the beat!

They all run away leaving Mike and Brittany to a dance number. Mercedes walks in between them making the two dance away.

Mercedes (with New Directions)
You can't stop today (No!)
As it comes speeding down the track (Ooo ooo ooo)
(Child yeah!) Child,

Yesterday is hist'ry (Be gone!)
And it's never coming back
(Don't look back!)
Cause tomorrow (Tomorrow)
Is a brand new day
(Brand new day)

Everyone walks to Mercedes.

Mercedes (with New Directions)
And it don't know white from black (Yeah!)
'Cause the world
(keeps spinning' round and 'round)
And my heart's
(keeping time to the speed of sound)

They all walk to Finn who was playing the drums.

Mercedes (with New Directions)
I was lost
('til I heard the drums, then I found my way)
'Cause you can't stop the beat!

New Directions Boys (New Directions Girls)
Oh.. (oh, oh!)
Oh.. (oh, oh, oh!)

While they were singing and dancing they were being watched by Sebastian.

New Directions (Mercedes)
(Yeah!) Ever since
We first saw the sun (Saw the sun!)
A man and woman liked to shake it
When the day is done (Day is done!)
So I'm gonna shake and shimmy it
And have some fun today (Today!)
'Cause you can't stop
The motion of the ocean
Or the rain from above
You can try to stop the paradise
We're dreaming of (Dreaming of!)
But you cannot stop the rhythm
Of two hearts in love to stay
(To stay!)

Jesse
You can't stop the beat!
(New Directions: You can't stop the beat)

New Directions
You can't stop the beat!
(Jesse and Blaine: You can't stop the beat)
You can't stop the (Jesse: Beat!)

Mercedes
Yeah..., yeah..., hey...!

New Directions
Badababa ba ba...

The song ends they all smile and clapping while Sebastian walks out.