A Mother's Worries

3rd POV:
Inko Midoriya just came back from the hospital after her son convinced her to go get some rest. His words rang in her head.
"I'm fine mom. Trust me you don't have to worry"

But that's all she can do. She just can't help but worry.

She sat down on the couch, she wasn't hungry, or she just couldn't bring herself to eat.

She has been on edge ever since he came back. He's not even allowed to stay with her because of the risk of him and Eri being kidnap again.

She just wanted her son back.

Even though he was still here and a phone call away it's not the same as before, now that she realizes it it's never been the same after he turned 4 and it got worse when he got his quirk.

She changed her position to be lay on the couch but her head touched something prickly. She sat back up and picked it up. It was Izuku's old sweater, it was a red, prickly sweater that he had to keep as a back up from when all his other where dirty or teared or burned.

She remembers. She remembers her child.

"You never liked this sweater-"

She massaged the fabric.

"You said that it never really fit you right and that it itched too much."

She huffed the sweater closer to her.

"But I think I'll keep it, I should keep it. Cause it still makes me think of you and that little boy I knew."

She turned her head toward the hallway.
"In the bedroom down that hall."

She then remembers Izuku as a toddler.

"In the bed room down the hall, I got you a All Might night-lights for protection, you used to say they kept the bad guys far away, remember?"

(That thing was fucking bright as hell)

"In the bedroom down the hall I surprised you with a comic book collection. Next Halloween I dressed you up like Wolverine. Remember?" 

The photos taken on Halloween when he was 5.
"With glow stars on the ceiling you could count instead of sheep"

Soft mumbling from his room when he couldn't sleep looking at the ceiling.

"I always knew which song to sing to get you right to sleep."

The singing from her room when he cried from exhaustion as a baby.

"Anything to make you happy, anything at all~."

An empty room.

"Anything for my boy I'm the bed room down the hall."

The middle school years where the worst for both of them.

In the bed room down the hall.

"You looked you went to battle every evening when you came home for dinner. I thought I knew some way that I'd get through to you."

Remember?
He walked through the door with bruises, scraps and a burnt uniform.
In the bedroom down the hall.

"You fought a war where you didn't walk a winner. Cause you pulled a little more away. Remember?"

Every time she asked how he got hurt and he would smile and say an excuse.

"So the counselors and the clinics and the cures a mother tries. 'Cause maybe they could take away that anger (despair) in your eyes."

"Sorry kid it's not gonna happen."
A toy drops to the ground.

"Oh theses days are rough so maybe that's how he got that cut!"

"Kids act this way for attention but if it helps here's a perception for anti-depression and anxiety pills."

Anything to make you happy
Anything at all
"Anything for my boy in the bedroom down the hall."

Oh you try

Heavy tears run down her face.

"you try to give your kid the world Give him everything you've got! What if I gave all I could!"  what if I gave all I could
"And I thought it was enough" and I thought it was enough
"But I find that it was not?"

"Did I let you down?"

Izuku crying in his room in elementary

"What else can I do?"

Inko going to the school to ask the principal why her son is coming home bloody.

"Everything I ever did, I did it all for you ~!Anything to make you happy, Anything at all~!
Anything for my boy in the bedroom down the hall."

"In the bedroom down the hall
I think I'll wait another day to pack these boxes 'Cause once I'm through I'm left with just one thing to do"
Remember.
She now stood in-front if Izuku's open door with a room filled with boxes of things from his childhood. He wanted to give these away to orphanage that was close by.

Inko fell to her knees sobbing.

I hope you liked this chapter (I wanted to make a filler chapter for Inko cuz I was thinking about how she would cope with everything) and I kinda forgot about this story. But I'll keep writing and finish this. And I have been thinking about getting a Ao3 account to rewrite this story. But that might happen once I finish. Sorry that it's short.

Well bye readers!