.31

It was around 9pm when I started cleaning up the house, even though I know I should be taking it easy and relaxing, but I hate going to bed knowing my house is a mess. I would let Namjoon clean the house, but he's already broken three vacuum cleaners and just shoves everything under the couch, it drives me insane.

I was in the middle of putting the toys away, when my phone started ringing. I raised an eyebrow and walked over to my phone, picking it up to see who it was.

Detective Wang.

I answered it and put the phone to my ear, one of the toys still in my hand.

"Hello?"

"Hey Seokjin, it's Detective Wang. I'm sorry for calling so late, I just got told this information less than five minutes ago."

I nodded. "It's okay." I said. "What is it that you need to tell me?" He asked him.

"Well, I have somewhat good news, bad news, and a little more bad news." He started.  "Bad news, Jisoo woke up. Somewhat good news, if there's no brain severe damage, she goes straight to jail. The other bad news, if she did have severe brain damage, she'll most likely just go to a mental hospital." He explained to me.

I was quiet for a moment, letting all of this information sink in before speaking. "Okay, umm, so if one of those things happen, she wouldn't be able to be released, right?" I asked.

"Well..."

"Well what?"

"If she goes to jail, she might be in there for a long time...however, there's a possibility she could get out early for good behavior." He said, but quickly continued on. "If she goes to a mental hospital, she could be released in the future if the doctors there think she's healed enough to live a normal life." He said, not exactly sounding happy about it.

"So you're saying either way, she could be released?" I asked.

"Unfortunately, yes."

I was quiet again, letting all of this sink in once more. "What if this happens again? What if she comes back for the boys? What if-"

"That's not gonna happen. As long as I'm still a detective, I'll make sure she doesn't come near you or those boys." He said to me. "Don't worry about anything, I'm gonna handle it, just trust me." He told him.

I sighed and sat on the couch, dropping the toy and covering my face with my hand. "I'm trying not to worry about it, but I can't help it, I don't want them to go through that all over again." I said.

"They won't, I promise." He said. "I'll continue to keep you updated on her, until then, don't worry about anything, focus on the boys and your husband, let me deal with everything else." He said calmly.

I took a deep breath and nodded, even though he couldn't see. "Alright."

"Okay, I'll give you a call as soon as possible." He said.

"Okay, have a good night, Detective Wang."

"You too, Seokjin."