.34

Another month goes by and I'm finally five months pregnant, meaning I get to finally know what the gender of the baby is!

Both Namjoon and I dropped the boys off at school, Jungkook at daycare, and then went to my five month appointment. I was so excited, I couldn't sit still the whole time.

"We're finally gonna know, Joonie! We've been waiting for this day for many months now." I said, rubbing my very noticeable belly now.

Namjoon nodded and smiled, putting a hand on my belly. "Yes we have, baby." He says before kissing my cheek. "Let's get inside before we're late." He said before getting out of the car and going around to help me out of the car. I held his hand as we walked into the doctor's office, but nervous and excited. I signed in and then sat down in the waiting room, looking around at all the pregnant women in room.

"Is it really that rare for men to get pregnant?" I whispered to Namjoon.

"I think it's more about men not knowing if they can have children and being too scared to find out." Namjoon whispered back.

I nodded, knowing he was right. Some males are afraid to know if they can get pregnant and some just simply don't know if they can. The simplest way to find out is either having a period or having sex and then taking a pregnant test, those are the only ways I found out.

Suddenly, I heard my name being called, getting up from the chair and following the nurse to the back room. I walked inside the room and sat on the examination table, laying down as I knew how all of this works by now.

"Hello, Mr. Kim, how have you been feeling since the last time you were here?" The nurse asked me.

"I've been good, just a lot of aches and pains." I said.

"I'm sorry to here that, I hope finding out the gender of your baby makes up for it." She said with a smile.

I nodded and watched as she set everything up, then looked at Namjoon, who looked just as nervous as me.

The nurse put that cold jelly on my belly, which I hated, then watch her put the little wand on my belly, moving it around to find the baby.

We can finally see the baby, seeing a head, hands, and feet. I smiled softly, my heart racing in my chest.

"Everything seems to be looking great so far, ready to know the gender?" The nurse asked us.

We both nodded quickly, making the nurse chuckle and then turn to look at the screen. It look a few minutes, but finally, the nurse spoke up.

"Congratulations, you're having a little baby girl." The nurse said with a smile.

I gasped and covered my mouth, then looked at Namjoon. "Joonie, we're having a girl!" I said happily.

He chuckled. "I know, I'm so happy." He said, holding my hand and kissing it.

I started tearing up, using my other hand to wipe them away, only for more to form and fall down my face.

"Would you like to see your baby in 3D? You'll be able to see your baby's face clearly." She asked us.

We both looked at each other, then back at the nurse. "Of course!" I said happily.

The nurse pressed some buttons and then showed us the screen. "Here's your baby."

I looked and saw her face. She had her eyes close and was sucking her thumb so cutely.

"She looks just like you." Namjoon said to me.

I chuckled. "Really? I think she looks like you." I said. "It's still too hard to tell." I added.

"Would you like pictures of your little girl?" She asked us.

We nodded and waited until she disappeared out of the room before saying anything.

"I can't believe we're having a girl, a little baby girl, she's going to be so cute!" I said, looking at Namjoon. "She's going to look so cute in the little dresses and bows that I'm gonna put on her." I added.

Namjoon nodded in agreement. "Yeah, she'll look adorable." He said.

After a few minutes, the nurse come back with some of the regular ultrasound pictures and then the 3D ultrasound pictures. "Alright, you're free to go. If you have any questions, just give us a call or send an email and we'll do our best to get back to you as soon as possible." The nurse told us.

We said our goodbyes to the nurse and then left the doctor's office soon after. I got in the car and put my seatbelt on, putting my hand on my belly when I felt her kicking a little.

"She's kicking, hurry, put your hand on my belly." I said before taking Namjoon's hand and putting it on my belly.

Namjoon smiled and rubbed my belly gently. "Feels like she wants to come out and meet us already." He chuckled.

"Four more months and she's here." I said before looking at Namjoon for a moment and staying quiet. "You know...I think it's time to move somewhere else, a place that's going to fit a family of eight. Plus, I'm sure the boys are tired of sleeping in our room and I know you miss having late night alone time with me." I said before running his leg a little.

"Well...I do miss our late night alone time." Namjoon said with a smirk, then leaned over and kissed my lips a few times. "Let's start looking for houses then."

————————————————————

This chapter is short, but hey, they're having a girl! Did you know that from the start or did you think it was gonna be a boy?

Comment and vote!!

-Apryle❤️