Chapter 8

Felicity tripped but Shado's strong hands and Thea's pulling arm on her elbow kept her steady.

"It's alright," Thea soothed until the reporters turned their attention off Mrs. Queen and onto Thea.

"Ms. Queen! What was it like having a brother that faces danger everyday?"

"Of 'faced'? He hasn't been around for a while, do you have any words on the statement of where he is?"

"Green Arrow and his accomplices haven't been around, were they the bodies found in the explosion?"

"Mrs. Queen!"

"Shado Fei, how long have you known the family?"

"Sources say that you were also on the island with Mr. Queen those five years, do you have anything to report about that?"

Shado clenched her teeth and kept moving through the street. Cops pushed the people back, but cops couldn't hold them all.

"On your left, Shado!" Thea tried to block Felicity while Shado dealt with the threat, but a person grabbed her shoulders.

"Thea!" Roy screamed and lunged at the man.

Before he could get very far, Thea stepped backward on his toes with her heel and spun around. With a swift kick to the face, the man stumbled backward, and fell to the floor.

The press still thought that Thea Queen was a small school girl that dealt and did drugs, but that had changed the second she met Roy. Roy and herself were both bad people, but you'd put them together and they became something pretty good and incredible. Thea couldn't explain it, but Roy made her be a better person, and she knew she had done the same thing within him.

The paparazzi went quiet in shock.

"Spread the word," Thea spat when everyone was quiet, "no one, no one, touches my family..."

The man struggled to his feet and Thea began walking backward toward where Felicity was ducking her head into the limo. Felicity scooted all the way to the end of the seat so that Shado and Roy could bail in, and then Thea; last.

"Everyone okay?" Thea double checked Felicity before moving to her boyfriend. There was a pact between them: Everyone would look after Felicity, she came first while she was pregnant. Then, everyone could take a deep breath and start to panic again in a few days when they would all watch the news again.

"If by 'we' you mean me, I'm fine," Felicity smiled and tried to get comfy. "Thanks for asking, Thea," Felicity closed her eyes and her head rocked slightly while the car gave them to the club.

"They're like pests, or parasites!" Roy hated the public part of him and Thea's relationship. For a while, he wouldn't even pick up a newspaper in fear of seeing his face with the headlines of 'GLADES THIEF DATES BILLIONAIRE'S DAUGHTER!' It was all kind of terrifying, but they made it work.

"Welcome to all my life," Thea rolled her eyes and linked their fingers together.

"I don't know how Oliver went in and out of the foundry without anybody seeing him, it had to be almost impossible," Roy hung his head. There was so many differences between Oliver and himself, he didn't know if he could triumph them all.

"'Almost impossible' was Oliver's specialty," Thea agreed and whispered to Roy who was beside her. "Felicity?" Thea looked over at her sister but her eyes were closed, fast asleep. "At least one of us is sleeping alright," Thea smiled and laid her head in Roy's neck. "Did you find him after he disappeared last night?"

Roy shook his head and rubbed small circles on his girls palm. "No, but Nyssa will do her best to make sure Sara is found. From what I remember, Sara and Oliver are still good friends..."