Chapter 9

"Where are they?" Nyssa was checking in on Mrs. Felicity and her family.

"They're on their way to Mr. Queen's club, currently Ms. Queen's," Damian's voice echoed on the other end of the telephone.

"Alright," Nyssa stepped out of the black simple van. "How does she appear?"

"If she goes into labor, I am fully aware of what procedures to take," Damian smiled and watched from the roof of a building. "I haven't seen any threats yet, this morning, Princess," he informed her. "Relax, and make sure the Demon's Head is protected."

"Are you doubting my capabilities?" Nyssa snapped and slammed the door of the van closed.

"No, Princess, of course not-"

"Good," Nyssa closed the flip phone and tucked it into the pocket in her black coat. Nyssa and the rest of the League members that were with her were dressed in civilian clothes. Nothing too casual, but enough to blend in. She saw the small jet land with a bump and a skid and she exhaled quietly as she surveyed the area, just like the rest of the assassin's.

Nyssa stood tall with her hands clasped together at her sides, awaiting the instructions from the reigning region of the Demon. Ra Al Ghul stepped off the plane with his long black and red tail coat trailing behind him. He didn't feel the need to fit into to the civilian crowd, he didn't need to stoop to that level.

Ra's extended arms were filled with tender comfort for his daughter, they longed to hold her tightly and listen to her worries of the future. Her plans to overcome this obstacle, and show that she is once again ready to bestow the powers of the Demon.

"Father," Nyssa bowed her head and bent on one knee while all the other Assassins pressed their brow to the floor in a full bow of respect.

Ra waved his hand and motioned for his subjects to stand. "Daughter, what troubles you so?" Ra touched Nyssa's cheek with one hand in a tender action.

Nyssa gave him a small smile; she could never forget how she could never lie to her father. "We have much to discuss, father. Come; we shall visit and sit and talk and drink."

"Agreed, Little Warrior. I shall come to your place of stationary and see if things are fit to be changed," Ra held out his elbow for his daughter to slip her hand inside.

They walked past the rest of the Assassins that were still bowed down. They walked to the black S.U.V. van that was waiting for them and an assassin opened the door for them both. In the middle of the private owned air fare field, Nyssa and Ra sat back in the seat of the car while Willow and Whisper, both sisters, sat in the front seat. Whisper was driving while Ra put his hand into Nyssa's.

"Talk to me now about your troubles?" Ra whispered to her, quietly, in the tongue of Arabic.

"There is much to discuss," Nyssa promised, "did you bring the roots of the tree like you told me you could?"

Ra nodded and patted his pocket. Inside was a pouch filled with the herbs of their country. "Have I ever let you down?"

Nyssa nodded, "My eight birthday - I wanted a Scimitar sword, but you got me a Chinese Dao instead."

"You're never going to let me forget that day," Ra laughed and squeezed Nyssa's thigh. They both shared a soft laugh and he then said, "I brought the most as I could."

"And what else?" Nyssa could tell there was something hidden in his voice that suggested there was something else he brought.

"Centuries ago, there was a Legend of Old told about a man that lived too long. Instead of growing in wisdom and knowledge, his greed and selfishness took hold of him and planted sinister roots in the pits of his soul," Ra looked out the window to see the trees and roads whizz by in a blur. "What he did while he was alive is not important, but how he survived, however, is. They say that in the depths of an underground tunnel, there is a spring by the Tree of Life. A pit that nourishes and cures any sickness, any wound..."

"Is that even possible?" Nyssa asked with curiosity.

"Yes, Little Warrior, it is so..."

Nyssa paled, with wonderment. "Is... Do you think it's possible that it... It'll work on Sara's memory? Mr. Queen's, as well."

"I do," he admitted and held her hand in comfort. "I have our scouts looking for it, and hope that it'll soon turn up."

"What's this spring called?" Nyssa wondered how she had never heard of it before.

"It's more of a pit, actually, filled with water blessed." Ra kissed her hand and whispered, "It's called that Lazarus Pit."