Chapter 23

At the beginning of the day, Chloe had kissed her husband goodbye, taken her son to school, and at the Daily Planet, third floor, when her cousin walked in and was about to take her out for lunch... she got the call from Felicity Smoak, or Queen? When Chloe hung up, she turned back to her cousin that was in the room and gave the woman a puzzling look.

"Felicity Smoak just called me," she admitted to the army brat.

"Felicity Smoak, as in your cousin that you connected with a life time ago?" Lois Lane, a reporter that worked on the same level as Chloe, frowned in confusion. "What did she want?"

"She wants to meet for dinner in Metropolis," Chloe told her. "Should I do it?"

"Well," Lois started, "ask your color confused husband."

"He's an archer, not a flying man in a cape - unlike your husband," Chloe teased.

"Well, you should talk to Smallville, he'll probably know something about it," Lois answered.

"I wonder how she's been doing," Chloe asked and told Lois that she'd have to take a rain check on lunch while she hacked into Felicity's private life and learned everything possible from it.

"So," her husband said on the phone to her, "how is your late cousin doing?"

"Felicity is pregnant with two children, happily married to an Oliver Queen who was lost on an island for five years, came back, got pronounced a vigilante... Felicity's loved by friends and family... It all seems clean, good, great even..." Chloe trailed off and stared at her screen when she sighed. "Should we go to dinner tonight?" Chloe asked, miserably. "I miss her so much, but what if by meeting her at dinner tonight, we drag her into all this crazy mess?"

"I think she has her own mess to deal with, honey," her husband said on the other end of the line. "She's the wife of a vigilante, remember? Why don't we just go meet her tonight with the little guy and see what she wants to talk about?"

Chloe felt like her whole life was going to change, but she couldn't decide if it was a good thing, or bad thing.

"But," Chloe told the story of the previous day as they chitchatted, "I'm glad to say that I am very happy to be here and see you again!"

Felicity smiled and placed her hand onto Chloe's. "Yes, I'm glad that we got together too."

"So," Chloe clasped one arm in her husbands hand, the other around their son, "what did you want to talk about?"

Felicity began to explain, but got stopped short. "Well-"

"I'm so sorry!" A tall, dark and handsome man ran into the room so fast that Felicity thought someone opened a window and let in a gush of wind. "I know I'm late, but burning buildings can't be helped."

"Oh!" Felicity jumped up and pressed a hand to her heart to try and calm her pulse. "You gave me a scare, sir!"

"He has that effect on people," Chloe threw her head back in a laugh as Archer grinned from ear to ear as well.

"Who is this?" Steve asked and stood up when Felicity, Chloe and her family did in a greeting to the new arrival. "A friend of yours?"

"My best friend," Chloe informed them. "Clark Kent, please meet my family's family, Steve, Roy, and the beautiful Felicity Queen."