Chapter 26

Felicity was walking out of the restaurant, pulling her coat around her tighter. A cool chill was running in the air tonight and all she wanted to do was go home and enjoy the sleep that she probably wouldn't get.

Felicity slung her purse up around her shoulder's when Roy followed after her.

"I never knew there was so many heroes in the world," Roy said to her.

"It won't ever be enough," Felicity muttered. "There will always be crime in the world, always one evil that we have to fight, no matter how many heroes there are. Why not just let the evil win now? Save us all the years of trying? Of loosing loved ones?"

Roy pulled on Felicity's arm, convincing her to stop for a moment and listen. "You do realize that you have a choice not to fight the good fight forever, don't you? That's what I'm for, what the young kids in that restaurant are for. You're good deeds won't leave this planet unnamed, Felicity. You've started a legacy that will last forever, and if you don't want Oliver to wear the Green Armour anymore, than don't him do that. You've been through so much, Felicity. We will take his place in the Guild, and make sure that the city is still safe."

"Roy," she began, "thank you. You're right, and we can't leave this city to burn. It was stupid to think that keeping you off the streets forever would be alright, but... It's not." Felicity tapped in shoulder and walked with him.

"So, does that mean that you won't destroy my virtual life if I go out on the streets in red and black?" he joked.

"Yes, that's what that means," she told him and swatted his shoulder, playfully. "Come on, we should be getting ba-"

"GET OUT OF THE WAY!" A strong male voice yelled as he bellowed past Roy and Felicity, nearly knocking the pregnant woman over.

"Coming through, bitches!" a female with a high pitched voice called out speeding past the two.

"Hey! Watch it!" Roy shouted as Felicity fell back against a car.

"Head for the alley!" a female with a more controlled voice and speed said, following up behind another male.

"And do what? They're cops!" a human torch seemed to fly past them, leaving a wake of fire as he went.

"Hide and take cover!" she instructed as she watched them go. "Are you alright?" she asked as she bent down to Felicity's side. "I'm sorry, are you hurt?"

Felicity was touched by the young girls sincerity. She was also shocked at her appearance. Her hair was trimmed above her shoulders in a long pixie cut, her eyes clear of drug use, violence, and of any blue color. Hazel eyes stared into Felicity's blue ones as the teenager looked over the pregnaunt woman, then double checked over her shoulders as the sirens got closer.

"Hey!" Roy shouted and grabbed her arm. "Get your friends under control before I do, we clear-"

"Roy?" she asked as her eyes went wide. "What are you doing here? How did you find me?"

"In case you forgot, you kind of ran into my friend here," Roy snarkly replied before turning around to really face her. When he caught her true features, his whole body went numb. "What am I doing here? It's Kansas, what the hell are you doing here? You're the one that disappeared!"

"Oh," she remembered all the reasons why she left. "I did leave, didn't I? That's right..." she watched the siren's pass her on the way and one cop car pull over on the side of the road. Fear went through her and she said quick, "Gotta go, Roy, live it up!"

"Wait! I'm not letting you go that easily," Roy hissed as his grip on her arm tightened. "I need answers, what are you doing here?" 

"Maybe you've gone blind, but I'm trying to run from the cops," she said and pulled on her arm to try and break free. "Let me go, Roy. Now."

"I'm not letting you go until you give me straight answers," Roy hissed.

"I'm not asking, Ro-"

"Raven Cross," an officer growled. "Just had to go and break the law one more time, didn't you?"

"'Raven'?" Roy questioned. "You changed you name?"

She was torn on what to do, she had missed Roy, but her family needed her now. "I'm sorry, Roy," she whispered before she struck out. It was like a wild tornado had blown Roy aside. He didn't even have time to react. Her legs went flying, crawling all over him in one, fast, blurry motion. Roy was thrown aside, into the officer like he was a football and the officer was planning on catching him. Both of them got knocked to the side, and just as Steve was coming out of the shop, looking more like a solider than a civilian, she sprinted off into the distance like the world was about to end.

"Roy!" Felicity shouted, running (as fast as a pregnant lady could) to his side. "Roy, are you alright?"

Steve ran to Felicity's side, wondering what the hell happened as he was inside using the restroom. "Felicity, what happened?"

Felicity looked up into his hansom blue eyes and shook her head. "I... I have no idea..."

Roy, on the other hand knew a little more than she did. "Where is she?" he asked to Felicity as he got up off the knocked out officer. "Where's Sin?"