Chapter 15

"And, uh, what exactly would I be doing?" Felicity asked harshly after she recovered from the shock of the question. "Helping you kill people? Breaking the law?"

***

"Right... Older man, not working alone, both with another male and woman, I have all that, ma'am, what I really need now is identifiable information." Felicity put the phone down and covered the speaker of the phone and whisper screamed, "I'm getting nowhere with this woman!"

"Keep trying, hon, we have got to get his ID."

"Yes... Yes, ma'am, I know what low level clearance means, but do you know what a court order means? ... Oh, I can get my hands on one, got friends in high places."

"Uh, babe? We don't have time to get Captain Lane to get us a court order."

"Alright, fine, whatever," Felicity grumbled to her husband as she worked fast pace across the screen. "You know what, ma'am? I am done playing nice." Felicity cracked her knuckles, stretched, and loosened up. "If you could so kindly look to your computer screen and notice that your cursor is moving on it's own — that's me. I just hacked your so called 'secure network'." Within seconds, Felicity had what she needed. "Now, I got the video for myself, now I can get the socials, and now, since you're grumpy, I just sent your boss those Jamaican photos of you and you're under age boyfriend, Scott." Felicity grimaced, "Oh. Mie... Check you out — no tan lines."

"Umm... I love you woman," Oliver kissed Felicity's cheek, impressed once again.

"I love me, too!" Felicity laughed and kissed him back.

***

"My heads not really in the right place because the kids are making me a little wonky, but I know murder is wrong, Mr. Ghul," Felicity sternly said. "Or, um, is it Mr. Al Ghul? I've never really stopped to think about it, apologies."

"Mrs. Queen, are you referenced with how you husband removes a life from this world?"

Felicity flinches. Venom flowed through her teeth and she hissed, "He only kills when it's necessary."

"You do know, then? Good," Ra leaned forward and put his elbows on his knees. "You're a knowledgeable woman, Mrs. Queen, and I will educate you in these hard times... The word assassin has fallen abusive to the victims of many languages over the years. It's real meaning is hidden within a sediment of lies and false words. In truth, the word assassin comes from ancient language and the Goddess of War, Eris. In Arabic, it translates 'To those who stand apart from society.'"

"When I become Head of Demon, I promise to honor those words, father," Nyssa quietly said.

Ra's touched the palm that wasn't on Felicity's stomach. "And I trust you to do so, my darling," he smiled, proud of his daughter. He couldn't have chosen a better warrior to honor his name and heir to his throne.

"What do you want from me and Oliver?" Felicity asked again. "He's in a fragile state right now, and I'm pregnant, in case you think I've just gained a couple pounds and lots of back pain?"

Ra looked back at Mrs. Queen. "I want you to come work for my daughter and maybe I will still being serving in the times were you and your family are needed. Your children are welcome to the villages and gardens in my country once you feel comfortable enough to bring them. You will have endless amounts of magical items at your disposal, technology, and other things you will need. Houses are set up for you to sleep in by the water, the best places possible for you -"

"What's the catch?" Felicity leaned back farther in her seat, crossed her arms and twiddled with her wedding ring on her finger.

"In trade for something that might help you get Oliver back-"

"You want me to become your bitch?" Felicity's mouth dropped open and she saw Ra's mouth flex and tighten.

"Felicity!" Nyssa scolded. "Watch your tone in the pre-"

"Why should she?" Thea jumped up in the back and eyed Ra's.

"He is Heir to the Demon," Nyssa stated slowly for the young girl. "You do not know the power that title holds but to people who fear us, I suggest you share the same fear."

"They shouldn't be afraid," Ra said, his tone cool with control. "I don't want fear, but respect. I will not, or my people, hurt your, your family, or your lover, Mrs. Queen, there is no need to worry and be angry," he stated to Thea who settled back in her seat.

Nyssa was silent as she obeyed and took in the life lesson that was taught to her.

"Ra's al Ghul, I want an honest answer," Felicity eyes him in the car. "What do you have that could help me and my family?"

"I have special waters from the Lazarus Pit in my country," he said. "It won't work on it's own, but it might."

"How?" she asked and wanted to talk about how the letters might jog his memory, too.

"That question is a good one, my dear, and without the proper testing to see what is the reason behind Olvier's forgetful memory, then I do not have one," Ra admitted. "I believe, however, that..."

"'Picking through his brain'?" Felicity offered the quote for the foreign talking tongue man to use.

"Umm, yes, that 'picking through his brain' would have left a scar on his mind. These waters have the know power to heal, maybe healing the scars will-"

"Heal his memory of all of us?" Roy from the front seat had been holding his tongue on his opinion but now light flickered inside him and he was happy that it might work. It had to.

"I believe so, yes," Nyssa glanced at Felicity and smiled. "So, do you want to make the deal?"

"That if I take it, then I'll have to come to Nanda Parbat and work for the League?" Felicity didn't like that she was being blackmailed, but what other choice did she have? Was it that big of a deal?

Nyssa and Felicity had often sat together and chit-chatted about the future and how she would run the League once her father has resigned from the throne. Nyssa often worried that Ra might not be proud of the way she would run it, but she would be Head of the Demon, and she wouldn't be argued with. Sara and Nyssa agreed long ago that the training would be different, the requirements different, the ruling and control: All different. The one thing that would stay the same is the rule about death: Don't do it. Commit it unless needed. There's no point to break a part a family unless there's a reason and the target doesn't comply. They weren't the League of Shadows - the Assassins had control.

Felicity was aware that the body count had lowered since Nyssa brought Sara into her life. Sara had effected Ra in many ways, too. Felicity missed all of them very much and if going to Nanda Parbat to help them bring down criminals and kill when it was necessary was the price. . .

Was it worth paying?

"I don't want an answer," Ra said quickly before Felicity could get a word out. "Mrs. Queen, I don't want to pressure you too quickly, that's not my goal. I don't want a 'yes' or a 'no' right now, what I want in return for the vile of water is your word."

"My word for what?" Felicity eyed the Demon and saw soft sincere eyes. She wouldn't have thought it was possible...

"Your word that you'll think about it," Ra reached inside his coat and pulled out a clear vile filled with black water. "I should warn you, Mrs. Queen, that the contents of this vile hasn't been tested, it hasn't been brought out of Nanda Parbat and I am not aware of the magic it holds outside of my home."

Felicity's fingers reached out to get the bottle from him. "Thank you, Ra's al Ghul, and I will honor my end of the bargain and think about it."

Felicity looked down at the black water and thought she saw a flicker of her own demonic reflection. She didn't know what this all meant, but she did know she was one day closer to her due date, and one step closer to Oliver being there with her.

"I'll definitely think about it. . ."