Chapter 14

Felicity stood awkwardly up straight. All these people, men - murders- bowing before her didn't make her feel so.... pure.

"What brings you to Starling city?" Felicity gulped, nervous.

"I told my father of my - our - troubles. He offered his assistance, and I accepted."

"I hope you don't mind my presence, Mrs. Queen, or think that my reputation follows me everywhere I go. I do not wish to intimidate you, my lady," Ra stood, and then Nyssa rose off her knees as long as all the other assassins.

"Maybe we should speak privately," Felicity suggested and eyed the thirty/forty assassins that made their way into her sister's club.

"As you wish," Ra leaned out of the way for Felicity to pass, the trail of his dress suit sweeping behind him.

Felicity's hands found her stomach again, and moved back and forth on her children's shield to calm them down. They were active and moving, pushing against her reminding her that she needed to take her vitamins and make an appointment to see the doctor.

"Felicity," Shado stood and grabbed her arm. "You shouldn't be..." Shado looked around to see that many people were looking at her; she chose her words wisely. "... unaware to the fact that this is a very dangerous and capable man that you're about to go talk privately with."

"I trust Nyssa," Felicity nodded. "She pampers with baby gifts, I don't think she'll let anything happen to me."

"Even if her father asks her to?" Thea whispered just as low. Roy and Thea had descended the steps after witnessing the monumental movement.

Felicity ignored the question, but kept it weighing on her mind. "Shall we?" Felicity was about to lead them to the foundry, but Ra's stayed put.

"I hope you don't mind, but I thought we'd take a drive and I'd see the place where my daughter rests?" Ra walked to the door, his assassins hanging back until the Arrow's Guild walked through the club and into the outside air.

"You want to set up house in my home?" Felicity asked and rode in the backseat with Ra's and Nyssa as Roy drove and Thea was shotgun.

"If I'll have the privilege," Ra added on.

"Of course," Felicity shrugged. "Nyssa's family is always welcome in my home and city."

"You have endless bonds of friend ship here, Ma'am, I hope you are aware of that," Ra turned to his daughter who was smiling the slightest.

"I do, thank you," Felicity looked at Nyssa who put her hands on Felicity's. "I have to ask, however why you treat little ol' me with such respect."

Ra looked at Nyssa, and then Felicity. He said gently, "I hope you don't mind and think this inconsiderate, but my daughter has told me of your gifts. She's been very explicit on what you do, and I've taken great interest of them."

"Of me?" Felicity asked, surprised.

"Yes," Ra answered. "When all of this blows over, I dream of the day where I can see your lovely children, you and your husband in Nanda Parbat."

"Why?" Felicity was suspicious.

"Because you hold great talents, talents that I hope will bring others to justice."

"But-"

"Mrs. Queen," Ra stopped her from speaking. "The Demon's Head isn't just me. Yes, I sit on top of the throne, and I have the last say-so, but there are others who orders go through. I hope that when my daughter takes hold of my Legend, that you and your family will be by her side."

Felicity's throat grew dry. "You want us to join the League of Assassins?"