Chapter 20

* Four years ago*

~~~ "Aren't I entitled to a phone call!" Felicity yelled - exhausted from shouting at ugly white walls.

Sebastian Blood was going to get it - and it would all be Felicity's fault because she was speeding down the highway trying to stop Oliver Queen from doing something he would regret later in his life. She was so worried about getting there fast enough, she forgot that she was speeding. What the real funny thing was that she was most likey about to get busted about hacking. They couldn't arrest her for a speeding ticket. That just doesn't happen. They were going to lock her away, forever for hacking and being an accomplice to the Green Arrow.

"Ms. Smoak, sit down," a plump, big, fat police officer named Detective Nass was very sharp and snappy.

"I insist on seeing Detective Lance right away and getting a phone call," when Felicity heard the door slam shut, she sat down anyway.

The officer came in and sat down. He was big enough to have a double chin and a forehead big enough to almost hide his eyes. To her, he looked a little like a pig. Round, rude, smelly, and snotty. "We have some in-tell telling us that you're the one signed the final sheets to give the thousands of dollars to create this virus."

"Excuse me?" Felicity was about to beg to find out who this source was. They were sadly mistaken.

Out of all their cases, or missions, this one would have to be the most confusing and toughest. They started out with a few simple misleads, and now, is grown to blackmail? First on Oliver, and now Felicity?

Something about this... It just wasn't right.

Felicity was really starting to think karma was coming to kick her in the ass, like seriously! First, she get's kidnapped by the Count. Injected. She dies. Then she gets kidnapped again. Almost gets killed, again. Eric shows up, and so does Miranda! Now, she's sitting in this chair, facing the most hideous looking man! What did she do to deserve this!?!?!

"Is this not you're signature?" He passes her a folder and flips open to a page which does indeed hold her signature ensuring a lot of weapons and chemical products.

But of course... It was the perfect Black Mail. A new girl friend shows up in Oliver's life, and suddenly becomes his Executive Assistant? She's know his account passwords and everything about him. She could sign off on certain things like this and no one would question it.... Except now, when she's caught red handed.

There was only one thing wrong with this situation....

"Officer.... Nass?" It was such an unusual name she didn't really know if it was legit. Nass? Who has the last name Nass?

"There is only one thing wrong with this picture," Nass folded his hands together wondering what excuse this IT girl could come up with. "When I became Executive Assistant for Queen Consolidated, I had to split my life. During business, I would always, always sign one way, and in my personal time, I would sign different. It would clear up situations like this when someone would be acting like a fraud. This signature," she taps the paper, "is my private one. The one I use in my free time. And even if I did give the 'go-ahead' for this, it's chemicals and weaponry. It's not illegal. So, if this is all you have on me, I would like to leave."

"Don't leave town," he ordered her.

---The pilot started to object, "But Black Widow's sister-"

"I know," Felicity held up a hand to silence him, "I know she isn't here but she was here to pick up me and I-" Felicity cursed under her breath, "Am not allowed to leave the City!" Suddenly the fierce (and scary even) warning that Detective Nass delivered to her sprang to mind. Felicity put her head in her hands.

"Give me a moment..." she muttered turning her back to the pilot and calling Detective Lance.

"Miss Smoak?" Lance was on the other end busting his butt on the reports that just happened to land on his desk.

"Does the police know who actually cooked up the virus and spread it around because Detective Nass told me that I couldn't leave the city and I need to take up this job right now - as in right now since the plane is here - but I don't know if I'll get in trouble for going."

"Oh, uh... Felicity?" Lance looked at the phone and shook his head thinking that it was nothing and that she had other things on her mind.

*Present day*

Felicity suddenly jumped forward, remembering that she had hung up before Detective Lance could finish telling her that sentence.

"I need a phone," Felicity said quickly. "I need to make a call..."

"To who?" Thea has walked into the room, suddenly. "Who are you going to call?"

"Dear Detective Lance needs to answer a few friendly questions. I also need my laptop, and letters from under the drivers car seat," Felicity quickly requested.

"What are you going to do?"

Felicity rubbed her stomach. "I'm going to try and get my husband back. . . I can't give up on him, after everything we've been through, I can't give up hope."

"Do you think that you have a chance at bringing him back?" Roy asked.

"When Harvey was killing our children, there was this look in his eyes when I finally registered that it was a look of pain, and hurt, and guilt..." Felicity looked up at Thea. "It's the look that Oliver had whenever he kills someone. His hair might be different, his actions, but he can't change his eyes - his soul. We're one in the same, him and I, and I know everything there is to know about him. Where is he now?"

"Oliver, or Harvey, whoever he thinks he is, escaped and disappeared - we lost the trail."

"When his delusions would break, I'm pretty sure they can and will, he'll go to the object of his rage," Felicity said, sure of herself. "The one whose holding him... He'd go to them and kill him, and then come find us... But if he's still under delusion, forgotten who we are, we have to find a way to break the connection between his memory that he thinks is real, and the memory that we know has happened."

"How are we gonna do that?" Steve asked, holding Natasha's hand.

Felicity looked at the new recruits and stated, "I'm gonna make a call."