Chapter 3

Felicity's heart pounded in her chest, the realization that Oliver (who was in fact living and breathing and alive, just like she always declared) just stood in front of her. With a gun pointed at her throat, yes, but he was still there... And, he remembered something about her.

Shado dropped down to the floor and was the second one to Felicity's side.

Nyssa was crouching where Felicity was sitting on the curb and touched her cheek. "Mrs. Queen, are you alright?" she asked quietly.

"I don't know," she shook her head in a dazzy state.

"I can't believe he is alive," Shado whispered and took Felicity's hands in her own. "I... I feel like a fool for doubting you, you two were married, you would know him better than anyone."

Felicity cracked a smile, "I don't know about that, but it's a comforting thought."

"Follow them," Roy ordered the assassins and dropped down from his perch on the roof. "I want to know where they are camping out, stay far enough behind that you aren't seen though, Oliver would probably kill you."

"I'm not worried about your young archer, Ta-er al-Shafer has my attention," Willow, another friendly assassin, mumbled. "Princess, are you alright with this?"

"Yes," Nyssa nodded and let a few of her followers disappear into the shadows and try and find her loved ones. "Go with haste, and don't be seen."

"He's alive," Felicity muttered the words. She couldn't believe it! "He's alive... I knew it! I knew he was alive!"

Shado smiled and touched Felicity's face. "Yes, you did... I'm sorry I didn't believe you, Felicity."

Felicity smiled weakly, "It's alright. I don't mind, but... Did you see his eyes? So cold, and distant . . . I didn't recognize him at first. His hair has grown out, he looks different. And Sara!" Felicity realized that she was being selfish not asking if Nyssa was okay, but Felicity knew that she wasn't. "She looked as healthy and stubborn as ever."

Nyssa shook her head, "I've looked into her eyes for seven years. Her eyes have changed, just like mine did."

Felicity frowned, "I don't understand, like yours did?"

Nyssa nodded, "Yes. Sara explained to me that my eyes grew darker and more distant. Empty. Without her, life wasn't worth living, even if I am Heir to the Demon."

"But how did you get your memories back?" Felicity asked playing with her wedding ring, absentmindedly.

"There are special herbs in Nanda Parbat. Sara found some and gave them to me," Nyssa explained.

"You didn't care to tell me this before?" Felicity snapped. "We need to go and find these herbs, like, now!"

"Mrs. Queen," Nyssa scolded, "for starters, you can't fly this late into your pregnancy, secondly, there are no more herbs to be eaten. It took everything that the Tree of Life had to restore my memories, I still don't have them all back. Sara and I wrote everything down from then on, journaled what had happened in a book in case something should ever happen to us."

Felicity's shoulders slouched, "Of course there isn't any left, that would simply be too easy, and our lives can't be easy, can they?"

Nyssa laughed and helped Mrs. Queen to her feet.

"Maybe I should do that too," Felicity whispered to herself. "Write everything down, maybe if we can't turn him back, I can go through it and forget him, it'd be easier..." Felicity admitted and Roy, Shado, and Nyssa all stayed quiet. "But, I don't want to forget him, I just want him back."