Chapter 21

Felicity was handed her phone by the time her doctor came in. His familiar face was not one that she signed up for, and Felicity cocked her head to the side, wondering what he was doing here with his white uniform, blue name tag that read "Doctor Amell".

"Eric?" She asked, stunned, hanging up from dialing Captain Lance. "What are you doing here?"

"Felicity Smoak," he said with a warm smile, "it's nice to see you again, Fire."

Everyone in the room frowned, turned their head to see Eric and squinted their eyes. Fire was a nickname that their family used, and hearing it on the tongue on an outsider was not a very good feeling...

"I'm sorry," Natasha said first, "who are you?"

"I'm her new doctor, Eric Amell," he passed her a strong, firm handshake.

"What about Dr. Hamilton?" Shado asked, curious. She had heard about this Eric Amell from Oliver, Oliver had been impressed that Felicity had always gone after strong men. Eric was a Medic at the time, but now had apparently been bumped up to a doctor, perfectly normal in the career world. Eric and Felicity had been together in Las Vegas, but when she left they had broken up and never made contact again until Felicity was shot by Deadshot, Eric suddenly appeared in Starling City and saved Felicity's life. Eric and Felicity's relationship was a little bit more advanced that boyfriend/girlfriend, Eric was Felicity's ex-fiancé.

He wasn't an unattractive fellow, being tall, athletically built, and did have a doctor look about himself that Shado found appealing. She crossed her arms under her chest in wait for a reply.

"He went out of town, but a few doctors were assigned were assigned his clients, one of them being me, and in fact I'm taking on Dr. Diggle as a trainee. Since you know him so well, I figured you might want him to be there to deliver your children."

Shado frowned, "Dr. Amell, it's nice to meet you, my name is Shado Fei, I was a doctor in China. Felicity and I were actually talking about how it might be easier to deliver at home."

Felicity was confused, and surprised when she muttered, "I was...?"

"Shado and I were thinking to be trained to be a house wife for your delivery," Thea whispered to Felicity with a big smile.

"I'm having my babies in the hospital!" Felicity declared to anyone that was doubtful. "There's no arguments about that, I need trained doctors, and Shado you dealt with the dead - not the living, so excuse me for not wanting you to touch my children..."

"Alright, well, who delivers your babies is your choice," Eric commented quickly.

"So..." Felicity wondered what the scoop was with her 'unusual heartbeat'. "What's the latest news?"

"Well, Felicity, do you have a stressful job?" He asked, curiously.

Everyone in the room paled.

"Define 'stressful'?" Steve asked of him. "'Stressful', as in 'long hours in the office'?"

"No," he tsk-ed his tongue and said, "more like, 'Your husband dodges bullets for a living, and I'm wondering if you do the same' kind of stressful."

Felicity frowned and shook her head. "No, I don't go out on the streets since I'm pregnant. I didn't do it much even before then."

"But you're still involved?" Eric asked.

"Yes," responded Felicity. "Is that a problem?"

"Yes, it is," Eric was honest. "It's causing stress on your body, which is causing your heart rate to beat at different paces and therefore putting pressure on your children."