Chapter 29

Patty Spivot turned around and walked across the hard wood flooring in her apartment that she shared with Barry Allen. He had been missing for a long time, and she had gotten nervous and called Cisco and Katelyn at Star Labs. Barry's family wasn't happy about his adult napping, and they were very dedicated to get him back. Unfortunately, Barry's captors were experienced and didn't leave anything behind. No finger prints, no object or weapon, no trace of who took him.

Patty clicked her heels against the floor, hearing the sound echo off the walls and empty furniture. Empty spaces. Empty apartment. Empty heart. This used to be such a place of love and wonder. She could remember when Barry handed her the key to this place. He had been such a star in her twilight sky, she had loved how warm and inviting he was to her and her family.

Now, he was just a memory, and apart of her knew he was dead. She was working in Star Labs, trying to find what happened to her candle on the water when a cold bullet shot through her heart. She didn't know how she knew, but she did know. Patty had looked down at her ring that Barry had given her on their second year anniversary, asking her if the two years together could turn into three, four, five... a lifetime. Patty slowly felt that lifetime slipping away.

Patty reached up to her cheeks and brushed away a tear. She had a job to do and that was to track down the man that worked in the Star City Police Station. He was a normal built man, black hair, olive skin, and quite charming in a cold demonic way. The exact opposite of Barry's burning nature.

She was running the identity through Mrs. Queen's facial recognition program when there was a crash and a boom that came from her right. Pulling out her gun, taking her stance she pulled the trigger on the intruder.

***

Harvey Dent carved into his wooden arrow, shaping it to perfection as he walked through the house. The shavings of the wood fell to the floor, he didn't care to pick them up again. The house was awfully spooky, dark and dreary, hidden inside the night like a shadow.

As he walked through the house, he came upon the bedroom that he was in when he attacked Felicity Smoak. He trailed his fingers along the dusty bookshelf, no one had lived in this whole house for quiet some time.

"I wonder why," he muttered to himself in a chuckle.

And for a second, he honestly didn't. He remembered the love in the house. The overflowing love that had been here for years. Lifetimes.

Oliver rolled over, a beautiful blonde by his side. The sheet had barley covered her body, a simple fold over the tip of her toes.

He remembered the night before when he had come home from a nightly patrol and she had been attempting to scoop out frozen ice cream with a plastic spoon. It would have been funny, if she would have been wearing proper clothes. Bra and boy briefs was her only attire.

"Mrs. Queen," he nuzzled on her neck. Oliver pulled away to shut of the blarring alarm before Felicity would say something viloent and say something she didn't mean."Come on... Wake up. We have to go to work," he tried to soothe her into being a morning person. Which was never going to happen.

"I'm about to bust your face if you wake me up one more time before six thirty in the morning," she growled with her eyes still shut.

Oliver frowned and sighed. He was used to this by now. "I guess that means I'm gonna have to take a shower all by myself... And then I won't have to bring you the chocolate covered strawberries I made last night."

Felicity opened one eye. "You made me chocolate covered strawberries?"

Oliver nodded.

In a second Felicity was up and out of bed, running through the room to the shower, leaving the loose T-shirts Oliver wore on a daily basis, the clothes Felicity called pajamas's, in her wake. "Come one, Oliver, what are you waiting for? Why are you not such a morning person like your wife?"

Oliver just smiled and ran after her.

Harvey's knees went weak and he fell to the ground, shaking with confusion. In his memory, he saw himself. This woman, Felicity Smoak, calling him Oliver Queen. Calling herself his wife.

"Why did you want to look at my scars?" Felicity had asked him.

"I wanted to know how many times you needed me and I wasn't there," Oliver said with a low voice.

-

"What are you doing?" Felicity screamed at him with worry.

"Something normal?" Oliver guessed and threw down the gutter goop from his home.

"You, leaning up against a latter, cleaning out the gutters isn't something that's normal or safe!" Felicity rubbed her ring nervously. It would be so easy to slip and fall off that ladder. "Please, Oliver, be careful!"

"I will, honey, don't worry," Oliver called back to her as he continued to work on the normal, simple, house chores that he had to accomplish.

-

"Felicity!" Oliver rushed into the newest hideout, looking around at all the bullets that had flown into the air and objects crushed to little microchips. "What happened? Are you alright?"

Felicity nodded, she hands shaking. "Yes, yes, I'm fine... Don't worry. Roy has quiet the good aim," Felicity patted the Red Arrow's back in thanks one more time.

"The Meta-human was here, but he'll come back," Roy promised Oliver. "You should probably get her out of here, she's a little pregnant, you know."

"I'm going to kill him," Oliver grumbled under his breath while he drove the car back to the mansion.

Felicity tentative touched his arm. "No, you're not. You've changed. You'r not a murder anymore."

"He came after my wife and unborn children, someone is going to pay for it, Felicity," he said with an angered tone.

"Someone will, but not us," she said and stroked his arm, comfortingly.

When the keys were in his hand and from the ignition, he sighed and removed himself from the car.

"Oliver? Oliver, talk to me. What are you thinking about?" Felicity grabbed his hand as he walked away, holding it close to her stomach in an attempt to change the mood.

"I don't know how I'm going to beat him," he whispered, pulling her close and resting his head on her shoulder.This new villain was quiet something, terrorizing the city by day and killing them off by night. Oliver had a close call tonight, a freaky card had been stuck in his arm by an interesting Meta-human that didn't have a problem with killing people.

"You're not," Felicity told him as she turned around in his arms. His eyes looked to hers, full of wonder and curiosity. "We are. You're not alone in this, Oliver. Family is through the thick and thin, don't doubt that. You can't fight to die anymore, you have to fight to live."

-

Harvey Dent fell to his knees, cracking them on the wooden floor boards as he held his head in his hands like it was going to explode.

"What's happening to me?" he whispered in the quietness of the mansion.