The truth

DRACO POV:

 I nervously pull and pick at the cuffs on my sleeves, standing in front of the vanishing cabinet. If this were to work, then it would be over, my job would be over. It's my only escape. I can't back out now, Voldemort would kill me if I didn't go through with this. I take in a long shaky breath, my hand steadily on the cabinet handle. Gently swinging it open it's revealed that the green apple I placed inside before had a bite mark. And it defiantly wasn't mine. I should be relieved. After weeks of nothing, finally, something happened. So then why do I feel worse than before? 

"Shh!" Giggling voices close by cut off all my thoughts. Who could be in here at this time? Do they know what I'm up to? Are they going to tell someone? What should I do? I scan the room and notice a rundown table with cloth covering it. I take the apple and shut the cabinet door before dropping to my knees, pulling myself under the table. "I can't believe you did that!" A familiar laugh rings in my ears. Who is that? "Lee was too bloody scared to move! We nearly got caught!" George Weasley roars, almost falling over his steps. "Yeah we lost Fred as well, we should head back." Lee grunts, unimpressed with his friend making fun of him. "You guys can if you want-" Y/N blurts out. Y/N... I lift the corner of the cloth, watching them as they make their way to a couple of stacked chairs nearby. "-I think I'm going to rest here for a minute, make sure the coast is clear." A soft smile spreads across her face before the look of regret surfaces. 

What's up with that? She was laughing a minute ago? 

Y/N POV:

"You're just scared of getting caught, missy." George laughs nudging my shoulder. My mouth opens as I'm about to reply but something moves in the corner of my eye. Like the cloth on that table moved. "Guys-" I pause, moving my eyes to the table and back towards the boys. "-Do you think peoples cats could get in here? " I lift my feet onto the chair. "Probably, we should catch it as a new pet for Ron." George snorts looking around trying to catch a glimpse of one. "I'm serious you idiot, I saw that cloth move." I point towards the table and Lee steps back. "Probably a ghost messing with your love, listen, ill go get Fred and he can come and save you from a cat, the proper romantic moment if you ask me." George was already off with Lee. "Wait! don't!-" But before I could finish they had already left.

10...20 minutes went by and nothing. They hadn't come back. Typical Weasley I bet he's pranking me like always. I let out a shaky sigh before lowering my feet onto the ground. . "T,t,t,t..." I try and call out to the cat, I wonder who's familiar it is. Slowly moving more towards the table. I could grab it and hide it under my cloak, putting it in Georges bed as revenge. "C'mon little kitty, you can help me with a fun prank," I whisper, being inches away from the cloth. 

DRACO POV:

No, no, no. Please Y/N go away. I can see the silhouette of her kneeling beside the table. Why is she talking as if a rat that worthless could understand? Before I realised it a huge smile was plastered across my face. Shuffling to the back on the table with a hand smacked over my mouth to stop me from laughing. "T,t,t,t, cmon little guy... I'm friendly-" Y/N lifts the cloth a little and slides her hand under. "-See." She taps her dainty fingertips on the floor in hopes of a cat. Is that a ring on her finger? As my smile fades, jealously consumes me as I lean closer to her hand, trying to get a better look. It's emerald, but what's the writing. 'Property of- of Nar-' I can't read it. "Oh give it up stupid cat I know you're in there, I'm coming." My eyes widen as a shock of fear shoots instead my entire body. I move back as much as I can but there's nothing I can do. The cloth is up and she's staring into my eyes. "Draco?" "Draco what are you doing under there? or in here?" She slides her head under the cloth to get more comfortable, waiting for a reply. "A-a walk." Was the only thing I could blurt out. A loud snort comes from her as she shakes her head. "Come on and get out." She giggles to herself pushing herself backwards