Yule Ball

Y/N POV.

As I'm walking towards the common room. I take small light steps being careful not to trip over my own feet. It's been so long since I've worn heels I've forgotten how to walk in them without breaking my own neck.

Holding onto the cobble stone walls as i step down the last couple of steps into the common room. When i reach the ground floor i look up and see Pansy sitting with her legs crossed and her arms folded into her lap. She looks stunning which i hate to admit. Her white, laced dress and cute bow tie heels. I'm looking at her in awe. 

I take in every detail of her until her eyes look around the room and meet mine. I instantly look down at the floor and begin walking across the stone floor.

"Y/N." She calls and i look up to see her annoyed expression. Millions of things go through my head of what insult she's about to spurt out.

"If it's not much trouble could you please go and see what's taking Draco so long?" She pursed her lips and slides the shoes off her feet. "I don't want him seeing me until he walks down those steps." She softly laughs feeling embarrassed but i think its sweet. Just like me, Pansy wants this to be the perfect night of her life, like a fairy tale. 

"Sure." I smile softly and take off my heels before stepping back up the stairs. There is no way in hell I'm walking back up these stairs with those things on. The dark moon light shines through the windows hitting my jewellery making them sparkle. I reach Draco's door and let out a huge sigh. I'm so nervous. But why? I hear footsteps pacing from one side of the room to the other so I suggest that he is already ready. I place my hand on the doorknob.

Taking in my last nervous breath I open the door.

DRACO POV.

I grab my white button up shirt from my dresser, slinging my arms through the sleeves before stopping in front of the mirror. I straighten out the collar when i see my bedroom door swing open. I pause as I examine who is standing in the doorway. I turn around and see Y/N.

The dress I got her fits perfectly. I can't believe she wore it. A mischievous grin crawls onto my face that I can't hold back. I take every inch of her and engrave this moment in my memory forever. She looks absolutely beautiful. 

"P-Pansy is wondering what's taking you so long." She stutters her words as she keeps her eyes locked on my bare chest that's peaking through my unbuttoned shirt. I completely forgot that I still hadn't buttoned it. My eyes are glued to her, I'm unable to respond. I'm just staring aimlessly straight ahead at her with my mouth dropped open slightly. Y/N face begins to turn a bright red colour as she notices I've been staring at her in silence for the longest time. I decide to break the silence.

"Like what you see." I laugh pulling the sides of my buttoned shirt back to reveal more of my bare naked chest. The collar falls back revealing my broad shoulders and stiff collar bone. Y/N shoots up, still staring her face gets as red as a tomato when I do that. It's the cutest thing, I just love teasing her.

She shakes her head out of the trance as i begin buttoning up my shirt. "Just hurry up pillock." She scoffs still watching as I button it up. I laugh and shake my head leaving the top 3 buttons open. 

"Y'know Y/N staring at my chest won't make the shirt disappear." I tilt my head slightly smirking biting my tongue with my front teeth. she quickly shuts her eyes tightly while giving me the middle finger. She storms out the room leaving the door wide open and only then did i notice her bare feet on the cobble floor. What a weirdo. I finish getting ready and head down stairs to meet Pansy.

Y/N POV:

My face is still blushing red from the sight of Draco. Why must I feel that way about him, He is evil. Yeah i'll keep telling myself that until he leaves my god forsaken head. I look outside and see all the carriages parked up with trails of snow and foot prints from excited teenagers and professors walking into the great hall.

 My heart pounds out of my chest as i walk around the corner and down the steps. Harry looks amazing, His eyes fixated on me in awe which causes me to blush. " You look great!" He adds before sending me away to Cedric. I slowly walk over to him with sadness in my heart, I try my best not to show it but I don't think it worked.

"You look ravishing." He pulls me in by my waist and whispers softly in my ear.

I force a soft laugh passed my lips before pushing myself away from him.  As we stand waiting for the other members of the tournament to arrive I spot Cho walking towards Harry. A beaming smile on her face as she takes him into her arms. Fear strickens me as I play with the ring on my index finger trying to look anywhere but at her.

I turn my head slightly in hopes that Cedric was telling the truth about them. I couldn't trust him and I had every reason not to. His eyes light up at the sight of her. My heart sunk, I knew he wasn't telling the truth this morning but every part of me hoped that he was. He was looking at her the way Draco looked at me. I cock my left eyebrow upwards trying to decipher what this look meant.

"Kids, Kids." Professor Mcgonagall said in a hurry. "It's time It's time!" Her beaming eyes and smile filled my heart as she pranced around in a excited hurry. At least someone is having a good time. I wrap my arm around Cedric's and we enter the ball room. 

Everyone's eyes glued to us, It felt a little humiliating. I thought about putting my head down but I wanted to look in the crowd for Draco. I'm not even sure why but my instincts took over and I pretended to be extra confident, smiling at everyone we walked passed. I catch him with Pansy wrapped around his arm as jealously starts to fill in my stomach. His eyes are watching me as I reach the huge circle created for the first dance. Cedric spun me around placing my hands behind his neck. I can't help but look down, I want to look anywhere but his face. I can't stand him.

He tugs at my dress strap adjusting it before lifting my head up to where our eyes meet. This only creates more awkward tension in my step as I stand on his foot. 

"Shit sorry." I whispered shooting my eyes back down to our feet. I hear a snicker from behind me created by Draco and I roll my eyes. He really is a pain in the arse. I lift my head back up and create a fake, forceful smile and pull my face closer to Cedric's. 

God i want to be sick, but i also wanted to prove to Draco that I can do so much better without him. I don't know why but i just want to. The first dance comes to an end and everyone else joins in. After a couple more minutes I pull Cedric off me.

"I- I'll go get us some drinks." I choke out and speed off to the self service tables. I place my hands on the edge of the table and stare at my reflection in the punch. What am i doing. I could of easily said no and come alone. I shake off all my negative thoughts and pour two cups.

"Y/N....." Hermione teases as she comes up from behind me pinching my sides making me flinch. I'm so glad to see her. Her soft smile soothes my face realising any tension.

"You and Cedric look SO CUTE!" She squeals in excitement nearly falling over in her heels. I lightly scoff at her statement trying to show a convincing smile, but with no surprise Hermione knows me all too well. She takes my hand and pulls me further away from the music so we can hear a little better.

"What is it?" She looks in my eyes, at my hands, my dress, everywhere. She examines everything about me trying to put the pieces together. And I just couldn't hold it back. I told her everything Including the kiss with Draco. Which at that point she had a smirk on her face but failed to cover it with her hand.

"You obviously can't stay as his date Y/N." In a huff she grabs my arm and pulls me to the dance floor. We stop at one side of the floor and she begins to try and make me feel better. For a moment it worked, I began swaying side to side slightly smiling. Suddenly her eyes widen and points a finger up to my face. " I know the exact people you need!" She scurries off looking for someone. God knows who or what. 

I look around the room looking for something to do while I wait for her until my eyes meet something that makes me want to be sick.