the truth p2

TW!!! TALKS OF ABUSE!!!! 

ily guys ;) <3

Y/N POV:

"You can't just run from me!" I shout, trailing after Malfoy. He said something despicable and thinks he can just walk away without giving me an explanation. "DRACO!" I start to run after him, my slippers squelching from the rain. Other students dodge out of my way as I run past them, not caring what they might think. He turns a sharp corner at the end of the hall, a hall no one ever goes down... "Draco please-" He stops a couple of feet away and I stop instantly behind him, trying to catch my breath. His broad shoulders stiffened before a loud, shaking sigh escapes his mouth. "You won't get it." He mutters, adjusting his collar. "I will if you explain it to me!-" "I SAID YOU WON'T!" Draco roars his head to the side trying to take a peek at how far behind him I am. Was Harry right all this time? my stomach churns and my heart drops. Just thinking about it scares me.

"You can tell me anything," I mutter. My limbs feeling weak. "Not this." I lift my head to look at the back of his. "This is something I can never say out loud." "Are you embarrassed? Ashamed? You just killed a professor shouldn't you feel powerful?" I joke, getting ready for him to shout at me, run at me... but he doesn't. Not a single comeback. "You're scaring me..." I take a step back, his silence must mean something. "Then go away." He wafts his hand and carries on walking down the cold, dark hallway. I wanted to follow him, I care about him. But my feet were glued to the floor. I sat in bed that night barely able to sleep. A lot of things happened in the span of 24 hours and I don't know how to handle any of it. I stare at my dress that's hung on my wardrobe. I wonder if the Gala is still going to take place.

**

Breakfast the next morning was no better. The awkward silence, the lack of kids in the hall. And Professor Snape. Stood proud and tall as our new headmaster. Different professors walk around the tables checking on the kids, it makes me wonder if they're checking on themselves, I'm sure they were all friends with Dumbledore. I greet Damon as he sat at the table with Pansy, moving my eyes ever so slightly to Fred. He looks at me with no emotion before taking his attention to Angelina. God, she's so beautiful. "Y/N?" fingers snap in my face, Damon finally catching my attention. "Have you heard from Malfoy since, y'know?" "No." I quickly blurt out, adjusting my posture. "Why would I have seen him? We aren't friends, or even on speaking terms." I'd scoff. "Alright, alright little lady, I get it." "Why? Have you?" I lean my elbows on the table, ready to take in any information I have. "Yeah, he was talking to Snape but hasn't come down for food." I side-eye Professor Snape meeting his eyes. Either Snape is that scary or it's because I haven't eaten but my stomach swirls left and right.

"Students, please settle down, I have a few words before we start our day." Snape wraps his cloak around his chest, twisting and turning the ring on his index finger. "In light of our beloved professor-" He pauses for a slight moment. "- The gala, as well as all school activities will carry on as normal after this mourning weekend." Some students gasp in disbelief. "Why only a weekend?" A kid shouts. "Yeah!" A couple more chime in. Why would we want a gala? I don't want to be near Draco. "At least in this dark time you get to dress up all pretty." Pansy jokes with a soft smile. I just nod my head in agreement. "Draco!" Draco walks in with Crabbe and Goyle behind him. Why does Crabbe have a black eye? "What happened to you?" Blaise points. "Them two idiots had a scrap, cost me my time." Draco quickly spits, side-eyeing me for a moment. 

He takes a seat next to me and I slide slowly across the bench away from him. "Don't tell me Draco's got nits Y/N." Damon laughs, catching Malfoys attention as he realises I did indeed move away. "I saw you two run off together last night, what's the update." Pansy leans forward, with hope in her eyes. "Nothing," Draco says in a low voice. I take a bite out of a chocolate croissant feeling more awkward by the second. I hear something slide beside me, I look down and see a small note that's folded, Draco's cold hands still touching it. I cock my eyebrows at him in confusion and he just rolls his eyes, lifting his hand from the paper and grabbing his glass. I snatch the paper and open it, looking up ever so often making sure that no one is looking.

Can we talk?

no. I lift the note above the table and rip it, in view of him. He kicks my foot and shakes his head in disappointment. He turns his attention to the others, "Do you think the astronomy tower would be closed off?" Draco asks, looking back at me, trying to hint at something. "Probably not-" Blaise mumbles while eating. Draco smiles at me faintly before standing up and leaving without saying goodbye. "He's proper rude sometimes." Damon scoffs.

I shouldn't be doing this. I find myself stood outside the astronomy tower door. I don't know what to do. But I want answers. I check around me before opening the door and stepping inside. After walking up the endless spiral stairs I reach the top and see Draco looking down from the railing. "I'm here," I say, watching his every movement. I dare myself to move forward and meet beside him at the railing. I look down and reconsigned the ground beneath us. Oh. "It was here." "He was stood right here." I slide away from him but his reaction is fast, he puts a hand on top of mine. "Don't do that." He says under his breath. His hand is cold to the touch. "I need to show you something." "No, no you don't-" I say stepping back. "-You're acting weird, you're scaring me. I thought I wanted answers but now it turns out I don't." "So uh-" I stumble on my words. "Goodbye!" I smile, spinning on my heel. "It'll explain everything." He blurts out. But I don't stop. "Why I broke your heart-" he chokes clenching his fists in frustration. "-it'll explain why I broke your heart." I stop at the top of the stairs. My heart beating wildly in my chest. "I would never do anything again to hurt you, please trust me." I take a deep breath in and turn around. I do need answers. 

He fidgets with his fingers before moving his hand to the top of his shirt, slowly unbuttoning. What is going on? After a few more buttons I begin to notice discolouration on his chest. I step forward trying to get a better look but stop myself completely.  "Come to me." He demands, unbuttoning the last button. His shirt rested on his shoulders with his abs peeking through. "Promise me," I say, stepping forward but not close. "Or at least drop your wand, throw- throw it over there," I say pointing to the wall. He lightly scoffs and slides his wand out of his back pocket, throwing it as far as he could. I walk closer, standing in front of him. "Do the honours." He tilts his head. This is a little weird. My hands shake slightly as I lift my arms, grabbing the opening of his shirt. And sliding it off, leaving no room for preparation. He shivers from the cold, goosebumps rising on his body. I spot a bruise on his chest and an even bigger one on his lower side. "Draco-" Without thinking I touch the spots, trying to soothe them? show him that I care? "That's not even the best part." And what I see next... Harry would be screaming I told you so. 

He winces as he grabs the top of his bandage, slowly revealing the mark. My whole world went blank. He was tired, he was hurting, he was in pain. But he also enjoyed it? Did he want to be this? He wanted to hurt those who are weak? My eyes are glued onto the mark. The way it moves. The way it rests peacefully on his silver skin. "What's that?" I grab his hand touching the redness making him jolt back. "I'm sorry, sorry, sorry." He had redness behind the mark, and scarring like he tried to get rid of it. "I'm not a monster." He cups his hands to grab my face and I let him. Why did I let him? "I'm not a monster, I'm not a monster." He repeats more like he's trying to convince himself. "You- You have to believe me Y/N, I'm not a monster." He rests his forehead on mine, his tears hitting my cheeks. "I don't know what you are," I say with my eyes glued to his shoes. Did I stay in fear? Or in love? "I had to hurt you, or he would hurt you, he hurt me, and he would hurt you worse, and-" He stumbles over his words trying to explain and my heart is filled with pain. Tears fall from my eyes hitting the floor beneath us. "Who." I say. not questioning. His dad? "The dark lord."

"He had eyes everywhere, he knew when I was near you, and he would punish me, he would- It hurt, it hurt so bad-" "-I didn't want to do it, I didn't want to, but I was weak and my dad-" "Your dad?" I cut him off, pulling away not wiping the tears from my face. His face shined in the light, his icy eyes glistened with the water moisturising them. His bottom lip trembled and his whole face scrunches up before he pulls me into his chest. I always knew it. Deep down in my gut, I knew. "So you murdered-" "-No" He cuts me off. "-I was commanded to help and it took months, That's why you saw me in the room of requirement." He was hiding to not get caught. "But you didn't kill Dumbledore?" I feel his head shake no and I hold him tighter. Tighter than I've ever held him in my life.