Half Term 2

DRACO POV:

The first full day of half-term has finally begun. It's a cold, late Monday morning and the sun-light that would beam through in the summertime has been cast away by the grey, dark clouds. The sound of raindrops tapping lightly on the window glass is so therapeutic. Even though it's the middle of spring, rain seems to be the only thing the English weather want's to provide. Which to me is very odd. I lift myself and feel the sudden coldness hit my bare chest. Sending prickly goosebumps all over me. "Jesus," I mutter to myself, pulling the covers to my chest. I let out a huge yawn. Bracing myself for the cold. If I run fast enough to my wardrobe I can get on a warm sweater and some sweats. I slowly count down from 3 and spring out of my bed.

My loud, fast footsteps pace across the room and I swing open my wardrobe, pushing my whole body inside it for warmth. I grab the sweats first and pull them up to my legs, jumping around the room as the cold hit me from every possible angle. I run back over to the wardrobe and pick out a grey, thin, long-sleeved sweater. But before I'm able to put it over my head I hear my door open.

"Draco, dear." My mother says, walking in and keeping her eyes on a letter in her hands. "Jesus! Mother!" I cry, covering my bare chest with my shirt. I stumble back a couple of steps, embarrassed. She looks up at me and laughs. "I'm your mother dear, I've seen you naked plenty of times." She laughs, even more, walking over to my bedside and placing the letter she had clenched into her hands, gently on the side. As she's admiring the pictures on my wall I cringe at her statement and quickly throw the shirt over my head and hurry over to her. I place my hands on her waist and pull her away from the paintings. "You can go now." I chime, pushing her towards my bedroom door. Subtly looking back at the letter she left me ever so often.

As I push her out the door and being closing it, she puts her hand on the edge of it, stopping it from closing. "It's from Y/N." She winks and grabs the door handle, shutting the door behind her. Already? I cockily smirk at the thought of Y/N desperately writing back to me as soon as she got the letter. Somebody must really like me. Oh right, the letter. A jolt of childish adrenaline shoots through my veins and I run to my bed, throwing myself on it, leaning over to grab the letter. The cocky grin I once had on my face has been turned to a childish, silly grin. I cross my legs on my bed and shake my whole body excitedly. What the hell has gotten into me?

Dear Draco Lucius Malfoy,

I'd be delighted to accompany you at dinner, This Friday?

I will also inform my parents due to the request but I doubt they would be able to make it.

I can't wait to see you and your beloved parents.

Love, Y/N L/N

PS: I think it's cute that you miss me, I might feel the same.

Who the hell is she calling cute. I'm not cute. I'm a man, I'm anything but cute. I drop the letter on my legs and lean back in a huff. She might feel the same? What's that supposed to mean? Does she or does she not miss me? Maybe the mother will know. But is it really best to ask her? If I don't ask somebody though this will eat me alive all week until I get to see her.

I decide to go and ask my mother, grabbing the letter and hurrying out my bedroom door. I pace down the hall in slight frustration and grab onto the railing and fastly pace myself down the steps, being careful not to trip. "Mother!" I shout from the bottom of the stairs, pacing my head back and forth looking for her heading to the dining room. I pierce my head through the door but nobody is there. I turn around and head for the kitchen. Without being aware of my surroundings I stumble into the kitchen where I'm greeted by my father and... Who is this?