Rumours

HEY HEY HEY, I just re-read the last part AND DAMN THAT LAST LINE, it's cute or whatevvaaa ;') <3 enjoy this next part!!

DRACO POV:

"All of it burnt down?" My father looks at me bewildered. "Yes father, I don't know what happened." He looks at me like he doesn't believe me before rubbing his temples. "The dark lord need's to be notified." A strike of fear passes over me, please don't say that I have to, please not me. "I will-" My mother says, "-I will tell the Dark Lord in our meeting." "The boy is capable of doing it, why must you always come to his rescue?" He raises his voice. "Because he is my son, he's still a child-" "-No" My father butts in, "-Enough with that crap, I couldn't give a shit, I'm too busy to be arguing with any of you, just get it done." He says in a firm tone before walking towards his study. Meeting? So late towards the 'deadline', I look at my mother trying to pry some information out of her but she just looks at me flatly. "You can go back to school now Draco, don't worry about it." She leaves and goes into the kitchen.

I came home on the day of the gala at my father's request. What meeting is this? I told Y/N what was going down and where but are they about to change it? I hate to even think about this but I'm going to have to stay, not just for Y/N but Potter. He's got such a big head thinking he's the shit around Hogwarts, it just gets to me sometimes.

Y/N POV:

"Where is he then Y/N?" Harry shouts, pushing his glasses up his nose. "I- I don't know, I woke up and he was gone." The 'golden' trio are stood around me, interrogating me like I'm some spy. "And you sure you don't know where he went?" Does Ron ask? "I've always thought that it's kind of odd..." Hermione says to herself. Everyone snaps their head towards her. She looks up, looking at me questioningly. "Why would Draco ever care enough to help Harry. He's always hated him, what difference does it make now?" I just shrug my shoulders, I can't really tell them why. "Change of heart? I did tell him everything..." "Everything?" Ron looks concerned now. "Yeah.." I say hesitantly. "My God, he's a snake Y/N!" Harry scoffs. Haha, snake. "You don't know him as I do." My god, where is this fucking idiot. "Jesus Y/N, Is he capable of love? Even after everything, he's put you through?" Hermione scoffs, sitting next to me. I look down at my hands placed on my knees. Only if they knew everything. "Who cares 'Mione, the main focus is the plan, let's go over that please." Harry widened his eyes, talking to us both like we don't understand what he's saying.

*****

"Hey! L/N wait up!" Damon appears beside me but I'm too focussed on my nailbeds to fully acknowledge. "Jesus girl stop, you're going to hate yourself later for that." He grabs my hands and pulls them away, still holding onto one of them. "What are you doing?" I ask. "You look like you need a helping hand." He waves the hand, mocking his own joke. "No stop," I say bluntly, pulling my hand away. "So sour... Boy problems? Draco?" He moves closer trying to itch the answer from me. "I just- He's gone missing, I haven't seen him since I got up this morning and I'm worried." We carry on walking down the hall to dress rehearsal. The gala is in a couple of hours and Draco's nowhere in sight. "I'm sorry?" Damon laughs. "Since you woke up? As in?" He turns his neck so far out that he's practically facing me. My face flushes at the thought of everyone finding out. "Why? Why are you sneaking into Draco dorm? Wait- Are you two?" I stop before he finishes his sentence. I can't tell him that Draco is a death eater and he's been too scared to sleep at night, or that he helped kill Dumbledore. "Yeah," I say sheepishly. I'm not proud of it but I doubt Draco would mind me lying. Damon's mouth drops wide. "Didn't he cheat?" "No- Yeah- No, it was a misunderstanding." I itch my head trying to gain more confidence like that's going to help me.

We enter the hall and it's currently being renovated for the gala. They're people everywhere. "Y/N! Finally, come this way." Professor McGonagall guides me towards the back of the hall through the same doors I went through the first time. "Where are we going?" I ask but I get ignored. We go through the kitchen and into this medium-ish sized room. "I did want to rehearse one last time in the hall but they began preparations early." McGonagall smiles. "Wheres Draco?" She asks again, looking around the other students. "Y/N?" She looks at me concerned but I just shrug my shoulders.