Chapter 5: A Perfect Tragedy

POV: Cassie

My face immediately brightened up at the sight of Louis' name. As I walked up to the 7th floor, I couldn't swipe the smile off my face. My mother was quite angry that I stayed out so late, but I was in too good of a mood to care. When I reached the 14 door, I gave a little knock and the door sprang open.  

"Mom I'm so sorry!" I said very fast! "You didn't deserve anything I said before, just forget about it. I'm so sorry." I exclaimed running into her arms for a big hug.  

"Alright, how did my Cassandra change in less than 24 hour into some sweet girl?" My mom said smiling. Kissing the top of my head. "Im just glad your safe."  

Still the thought of Louis was fresh in the back of my mind. The thought of his beautiful blue eyes brought the corners of my smile to the highest peeks. And then my daydreaming got interrupted.  

"What are you smiling about?" My mom said jokingly.  

"Huh? Oh.. I'm just really excited to be here!" I lied, although it didn't take my mom to long to catch on.  

"Uh huh, alright sweetie. Why don't you go to bed."  

The next morning I woke up at noon, the sun was blazing through my curtains and onto my face which woke me up. I walked into the kitchen to see a note left for me on the counter, 'Hey sweetie, have a fantastic day! Love you -mom'. My mom must have already gone to work. Suddenly I hear and little knock on the apartment door, I drag myself to the door and open it wide. But no one was there. I look both directions and see a deserted hallway. Odd, I swear I just heard a knock! I look down and see a single rose with a note attached to it.

My dearest Cassie, 

I couldn't sleep last night without seeing your face when I closed my eyes. Meet me at the bench at 1:00.  

Love, Lou.

I jumped up and down a little and with the rose and the note tightly clenched in my hands. I immediately starting going through boxes and boxes that had Cassie's clothes clearly labelled on the front. I finally found a cute tank top crop top and white shorts. After yanking my clothes on and doing my hair and make-up I look at my phone to see that it was almost 1. I headed down the staircase and took a left and finally reaching the pond. I saw Louis sitting their alone looking at his phone. He quickly turned his head after I approached him.  

"My god. You look beautiful," Louis said a smile starting to grow larger on his face. He stood up and gave me and kiss on the cheek and a hug.  

"I'm glad you showed up. C'mon!" He said grabbing my hand and leading me towards the sidewalk. We walked for awhile until we reached a small ice cream store. We got 2 small cones. He got chocolate and I got mint chocolate chip. With our hands intertwined, we walked out of the store.  

"Would you like to try mine?" Louis said holding his cone out for me to lick.  

"Sure," I said giggling. I leaned in to take a lick when suddenly Louis shoved the whole cone in my face! He starts laughing historically and I couldn't help but laugh as well.  

"Let me get that off for you," he says with a cheeky smirk on his face. I didnt know what to expect but all I knew is that he wasn't cleaning this off with a napkin.. He didn't even have one! Louis' hands embrace my face and the warmth of his hands against my cheeks made me blush. I start laughing as Louis starts kissing the ice cream off of my face. I then wrinkle up my nose and and smear the rest of the ice cream all over him. We both begin laughing as I start kissing it off him. He then stops laughing and starts combing his hands between my hair. His eyes were placed on mine and I begun to bite my lip.  

"I think you have some ice cream on your lip," he said in a soft tone leaning closer and closer to me. I close my eyes and feel his soft lips on upon mine. He applied the perfect amount of pressure, 

not too much, but not too little. I could feel his lips forming into a smile as he pulled away from mine.I felt like I was in a dream, a dream in which you never want to wake up. But I wasn't dreaming, this was reality, and reality was better than my dreams. I opened my eyes to see the smile on Louis' face larger then ever.  

"What?" I asked him, "is there still ice cream on my face?"  

"Nope. You still look as beautiful as ever." And in this moment, I feel infinite. Like nothing could ruin my mood. Until I saw a familiar face walking the streets of London, and my smile instantly got swept off my face.