Chapter 22: Daisy

POV: Cassie

My eyes focused on the beautiful gold necklace that caught my eye. I picked up the dainty chain and looked closer at it. Lone and behold this was my necklace, the heart shaped just as I remembered. I must have not looked at it very closely before because both of our initials are engraved on the back. I smiled at the necklace placing it around my neck. But then reality struck me and my smile immediately got striped off my face. I looked around the room more closely to find the DSi, the make up, the perfume, the diamond earrings and the necklace.. It was all here. What was going on? Then suddenly the door behind me slammed open and I was tackled to the ground.

"What the hell are you doing?" I screamed at the top of my lungs. But Rebecca said nothing. I felt huge pains on my sides as she threw hard punches from every which direction. With all my might and kicked her off of me and quickly got to my feet. She had a scary smirk on her face, and her eyes were dark and mysterious.

"So all this time.. you were the one who stole all of our stuff? But.. But I thought your shoes got stolen?" I said in between breaths. She got to her feet gave me a disgusting glare.

"I've always been jealous of you. You being Louis' girlfriend. You being the girls favorite.."

"This all happened because you were jealous?!" I interrupted.

"I want Louis for myself, you don't deserve him. I planned to plant all of this in your room, framing you, and making sure Louis would never see you or trust you again. And I will still do that hunny, and no one will believe poor little Cassandra."

I looked at her with my innocent face. I was lost for words. My body was aching but I tried to ignore it. Even though Louis and I might be fighting, I still love him. And I probably will always love him. I looked around at my surroundings I needed to get out of here. But how? She kept walking closer and closer to me as my eyes scanned every inch of the walk in closet.

"And then Louis will be mine.." She whispered walking closer too me.

"Say your last words Cassie," she said my name like it was some murders name. She was only a few inches from my face, her brown eyes staring into mine. I didn't have the courage to look her in the eye.

"Fine.." I started my voice trailing off. Rebecca backed away a bit, thinking I was surrendering, but that wasn't the case. "DAISY!" I screamed as I pushed Rebecca aside and pounced for the Daisy perfume that was nicely displayed across from where I was. I turned around and faced her and without even thinking I sprayed her in the eye and bolted for the door. I heard her scream and run after me. I slammed the door behind me and heard a huge thump. I continued to sprint down the stairs and found the girls waiting for me at the bottom.

"Why did you scream my name?" Daisy asked. I said nothing but scooped her up into my arms and headed for the door.

"Follow me." I said sternly and they did, not even questioning me. Once we reached the entrance of the apartment I told the body guards about Rebecca and they immediately were on the case.

We were safe. Relieve was released throughout my whole body. I placed Daisy on the ground and pulled her in for a hug. My body was shaking, i had never been so frightened in my life. Daisy didn't say anything, just hugged me back even tighter. I walked over to the rest of the girls and grabbed their hands and began telling them what had happened. They were all in shock when they realized it was their nanny. The police were called as well as the ambulance and we waited all together as they pulled Rebecca away on the trolly. She was unconscious but she wasn't bruised like I was. The police officer then approached me and told me something that was intriguing.

"Your very lucky your clever," the officer started. "This so called 'Rebecca' was what she went by, but really her name is Janet Mosby. Janet escaped from prison a year ago and hadn't been seen since. She only had a minor incident that ended her in jail, so we didn't think she would be any harm. She must have gotten this job and went by a totally different name. Your very lucky."

"Thank you officer," was all I could think of. My body was trembling with fear as I shook his hand. Knowing that I was so close to someone who was in prison, made me completely terrified These kids could have been put in danger if I hadn't of stayed with them. Lottie wrapped her arms around me and placed her head on my shoulder, she must have noticed how shaken up I was from the news.

"Its alright now, everything is going to be okay," she said in comforting words, but as much as I tried to believe it, I couldn't. I whipped the negative thought from my mind and started thinking of the girls before myself. I needed to do what was best for them.

"Who wants to go for ice cream? My treat!" I said as everyone jumped up and we headed for the parlor.