Chapter 17: I'll Be Seeing You

POV: Cassie

The cab ride was slow and quiet, the only noise was the squeaking from the old engine, and honks from passing cars. My fingers were placed over Louis' writing in the journal, feeling the letters and how they sunk into the page. Almost as if they were permanent, carved in stone.

My eyes kept wondering back and forth, re-reading the little note from my far too wonderful boyfriend.

'To my beautiful Cassandra, remember that love is timeless. And no matter how far or what the time is, your always mine, and I will always love you

Love, your Louis'

A very simple line that honestly meant so much. I grabbed the beautiful gold heart necklace and gently unclasped the dainty clasp. I placed it around my neck and looked at it as it hung so beautifully on my chest. I grabbed the heart and clutched it tightly in my palm. This was the only thing that I have to resemble Louis. I don't care if it was pure gold, or plastic, but receiving such a remarkable gift no matter what the price means a lot to me. We turned into the parking lot for my apartment. I paid the driver and thanked him for putting up with me. He chuckled a bit and I stepped out of the car.

*The next day*

The next morning a headline on the front cover of the newspaper caught my attention.

'One Direction Plane crashed, terrible tragedy.' My heart stopped, and my eyes kept grazing the words over and over again. It couldn't be. No. My body began to shake, filled with terror and horrible thoughts. My hands trembled and the newspaper fell from my grasp. My knees gave out and I fell to the ground, but before my knees hit the cold hardwood floor, I awoke in a startle. My eyes flickered around my dark room. I was panting as sweat dribbled down the side of my cheek.

"Just a nightmare, it was just a nightmare," I said to myself, feeling my heart under my chest beating too many times per second. I tried to fall back asleep, but my eyes wouldn't shut. I stared blankly at the ceiling for hours until I decided I needed to find my phone and make sure Louis and the boys were okay. I rustled my things around on my desk, in my purse and on my dresser, but somehow my phone had been misplaced and I couldn't seem to find it. Finally after about 5 minutes of searching through my things on my dresser I heard a buzz coming from somewhere behind me. I spotted my iPhone laying on desk chair, the screen lit up. I dove for my phone to find a text from Louis.

'Plane just landed, missing your beautiful face already!'

Phew. Their plane made it safe and sound. I took some deep breaths, hoping that my heart could finally start to beat normally. My attention then turned away from the phone and turned to the lovely journal I had received just a day ago.

September 6th, 2011

My dearest Louis,

I woke up in a fright this morning thinking that your plane had crashed, but from reading your text, I know it was just a nightmare. I hope you know that I tried to say I love you back, I really tried. But seeing the love of your life get torn from your arms left me breathless. But love is timeless and love is pure. And no matter how far we are from each other, I know you are always close to my heart. I love you, and I'll be seeing you.

Love, your Cassandra.