Chapter 37: Fix You

POV: Louis

Without detaching ourselves from each other, Cassie and I walked into the dinning room. The dance floor was empty, and the guests were all sitting, not even chattering about the news they must of heard. I found tears here and there, and I felt in my gut something I had to do. I walked up to the microphone that was placed at the ushers podium.

"Ahem," I cleared my throat, hoping to catch everyone's attention. Many familiar eyes were placed on my own, watching my every movement. "Um. I would like to invite my best mates, Harry, Niall, Liam, and Zayn up here please and thank you," I felt Cassie's hand squeeze my own, I turned to her, those ocean blue orbs that had that sparkle in the centre warmed my heart. I spun her around, her dress flowing around her as she spun. She looked like a princess. I brought her close to my body, wiggling my nose against hers. She crinkled up her nose, and then I kissed her on the cheek, and escorted her to a seat right next to her mother. The boys came up, one by one giving me a hug, tear stains on their cheeks. I whispered the plan in their ears, and they all nodded their head in agreement, sniffling. They all grabbed microphones, and just like old times, we took the stage.

"Um, w-we're gonna sing a song.." I stuttered into the microphone, my hands sweating. "It's called Fix You," I murmured, a long pause again before I could regain my breath to speak. "I-It's for my Mum.. And how I wish I could fix her." I felt the presence of the boys around me, arms placed around my shoulder. And I felt stronger. With the organ playing behind us, I took a deep breath, and began to sing.

"♫ And the tears come streaming down your face,

When you lose something you can't replace,

When you love someone, but it goes to waste,

Could it be worse?♫"

Then the rest of the boys join in harmony,

"♫ Lights will guide you home,

And ignite your bones,

And I will try to fix you. ♫"

I take a step back, a tear rolling down my cheek, I pull the microphone down from my mouth, and turn my attention to Harry, who's low raspy tone chimed through the whole hall.

"♫ And high up above or down below,

When you're too in love to let it go,

But if you never try you'll never know,

Just what you're worth, ♫" his green orbs looked at me.

"♫Lights will guide you home

And ignite your bones

And I will try to fix you♫"

Then the boys and I looked at each other, our bodies shaking and our voices pitchy, we couldn't help the pain that was in our gut.

"♫ Tears stream down your face,

When you lose something you cannot replace,

Tears stream down your face

And I...♫"

I cleared my throat, and found my eyes meet Cassie's gaze. Her shimmering blue eyes sparking in the light. Her arm was tightly clutched around her mother, as her mother stroked her hair.

"♫ Lights will guide you home,

And ignite your bones,

And I will try to fix you..♫"

•The End•

__________________________

Authors note: I'd like to thank all of you readers who have come on this adventure with me! I hope you loved the story as much as I did and got attached to the characters as much as I did! I wish you all the best! Thank you for reading, I love you all!

•Giovanna• xoxo

Ps. Comment your favorite part of this whole fanfic :) it would make me very happy to hear your favorite part!