Chapter 23: Here Without You

POV: Louis

Management was furious with me when they found out about my rage that had happened in that interview. And even more furious about the article about me. I wouldn't read it because I knew it was already bad. My mind had been thinking lately, mostly about my family and Cassie. I sure hope she didn't read that article.

"Louis you got mail," Paul our manager said as he threw the thrashed yellow envelope to me. It had been teared and ripped and taped up. Must have gone through a rough time. I ripped it open and flipped the journal to where Victoria had written last. The journal was here earlier then expected and there was only one reason why. I read the entry and I swear I felt my heart drop to my feet.

'How could you?'

Those words would now haunt me forever. It was such a simple yet powerful line. And I knew that she was angry, and I knew that she was heartbroken because I could see all the little tear stains on the page. I leaned back on the couch that I was sitting on an put my hands over my head. I watched as my chest rose and fell from my deep heavy breaths. How could I respond to that? I needed to be thoughtful and I needed to be deep. I needed to be convincing.

September 30, 2011

My dearest Cassandra,

I know what your feeling, because as I read those 3 simple words I felt the same way too. Heartbroken, angry, worthless? Trust me when I say that that article you read was total rubbish. They put words into my mouth Cassie. Please understand. Its weird you know, how after spending so much time with someone your bodies start to memorize each other. Like the warmth of your back, the pace of your heartbeat, your tickly eyelashes or the way your fingers would curl in sequence when I used to play with your palm. But being away from that someone for so long is a scary thing. I care about you Cassie. I care for you like your part of my family. I would do anything just to see that beautiful smile on your face. I would take a bullet through my chest for you any day. And even though these times might be hard and sometimes you might think that it's all over, but it's not. Because as long as were together I will fight for you. We're stronger together and nothing will break us apart. Not timezones, not distance, not anything. Love is timeless and I love you. I love you with my heart, blood and soul. And I will be seeing you.

Love,

Your Louis.

P.s Your still mine, and I'm still yours.