Chapter 2: One of us and I'm broke.

Kein's POV

After a few weeks of living here.

I got accustomed to the name Kein and I'm pretty much getting used to it.

I also tested my other muscle memory's to just see how I react.

The other servants usually ignore me, avoid me, and talk behind my back but I guess I'm even lucky enough that I've been given a closet to sleep in.

Though I both feel like Cinderella and Harry Potter combined. Just no pumpkin and no Voldemort coming for me here. I don't think I'll have a fairy godmother to help me either.

I tried asking Lenard for a book that could help me know more about this world. I know I've read my diary and the words there are definitely different from English or any kind of earth language.

Then again this is another world it's to be expected.

Magic does exist here.

Lenard told me he can't be seen much with me but he'll try. Which I'm honestly pretty grateful he's trying. He's really a good person and I'm glad that I have him despite being in this horrible household.

Lucas has been and is still being a pain in the ass whenever I do my chores. Today is not any different.

I sighed at the scene where there were mud prints over the floor. I was mopping the floor a few hours ago but now he gave me so much more work to do.

That rascal I tell you.

I went ahead and refilled my bucket of water before coming back and cleaning this mess. The other maids and servants looked at me pitifully as they stared. I'm pretty sure they're also talking behind my back but this is fine.

I frowned at the sight of the prints never-ending. While I was mopping, looking at the ground, I found a pair of boots blocking my way.

I looked up to see a charming young boy who was staring at me, I managed to take a quick glance at his clothes looking really expensive, meaning he's probably an important guest or someone important.

"Um... pardon me. You're blocking the way." I told him. He moved away as the others were shocked, but I just minded my own business and continued to mop. "Thank you."

The guards with him glared at me most likely for asking him to move?! Come on please let me clean- if I don't make this place clean to the point you're seeing your reflection on the floor they won't give me anything to eat!

They went away and I breathed a sigh of relief. "Man, that was too close for comfort."

I continued moping some more.

I wiped the sweat off my forehead until I saw Lenard not too far away as we both headed into our secret meeting spot in the garden.

There were a lot of different kinds of beautiful flowers, it was really peaceful and quiet and quite well taken care of. Heck, there was even a fountain in the middle of it.

"Hey, Lenard!" I waved at him happily walking towards him and he smiled.

"Kein!" He runs towards me carrying something behind his back.