Side Chapter: The Cursed Sword.

Narrator's POV

-This was the time Baron Hills accompanied Kein to buy some things required before enrolling to the Knights Academy-

-Two years ago-

The two of them were walking through the capital. Baron Hills have tagged along to get whatever things her daughter will need. Although the Baron was panicking on deciding while he was looking through the list.

"It says here you'll live in a dorm for two years... let's get you some new blankets and pajamas- just in case." (Baron Hills) mutters to Kein who just nods.

"I'll also need a sword and armor to pair with the uniform. Since I'm not a commoner and I can afford my own armor I won't be in the list that the kingdom will provide free armor." (Kein) replies taking another look at the list. "It says here shields are voluntary."

Baron Hills thinks for a moment before seeing the blacksmith shop. "With your style of fighting of constant movement, having a shield around would only hinder you. Unless it's a lightweight kind of shield."

Kein shakes her head not liking the idea of having to carry around a shield. "I agree with my father. A shield won't fit me no matter how much defense it'll give it'll also slow me down. I'll just block incoming attacks with my sword."

Baron Hills was happy having conversations like these with her daughter. It felt like he's definitely raising one fine soldier. He points to the blacksmith shop, "We're here."

Kein looks closely at the shop seeing it had a window display where many swords shone brightly as if they were sparkling silvers you'll find in the mountains of [Dwarfar] the land of dwarfs. "T-These are really well made-" (Kein) shoves her face closer into the window like a little kid looking at a candy.

She can't believe this day has come! She'll finally have her own sword! Not just wooden ones for practice!

Baron Hills couldn't help but think his daughter was adorable and gave her a pat on the head. "Let's go inside and pick a sword that speaks to you, yes?" (Baron Hills) asks the young girl.

Kein was so excited she nodded her head up and down really fast.

Baron Hills laughs softly opening the door, the bell chimes up top when they come in.

The shop was really organized and clean. You could see countless weapons displayed like polearms, longswords, broadswords, a mace, an axe, and bows with special enchanted arrows.

Kein wanted to poke them all and hold them all. It was her first time going to a blacksmith shop so she didn't know what to expect. Earth had a really tight rule on weapons- so yeah the only weapons she saw was in a Museum display when taking her daughter to a field trip.

They couldn't touch it but now...

"Father, can I really have a look around and touch everything?" (Kein) asks excitedly. If she had a tail she'd be wagging it like crazy now.

Baron Hills nods. "Just be careful not to break anything. Go on and find a weapon of your choice."