Chapter 12.5: Lumineria Festival [2/2].

Kein's POV

"Really?! We can go together with no problems?!" I asked Lenard who panicked and shushed me.

We sat down at a bench in our hiding place, the gardens where no one usually visits for some reason but that gives me the excuse to yell in excitement because finally!

"Keep it down, Kein!" (Lenard)

Geez I'm sorry but really! A festival with my cousin! I never had anyone to celebrate festivals on earth other than my daughter. This is really exciting! "And the best part is that Lucas won't be joining us." I muttered to myself.

Lenard looked at me with guilt in his eyes- oh shit did I say it out too loud?

"I-I... M-Maybe we should invite him to join us? I feel bad leaving him out of it..." (Lenard) scratched his neck nervously but still not breaking eye contact,

I stared at him for a few seconds before going- HUH?!

Excuse me but that Lucas is a killjoy and he's most likely going to create chaos and fiascos if we brought him with us!

Do you know how many bruises I got from that asshole?! "I don't know if that's a good idea." I told him.

"I don't know if your crush would even enjoy a third wheel." I nudged his side teasingly but there was no change in his expression. Wow, is he that guilty? Or at least. He really does care about his twin brother even if he is a rotten egg to the core.

I frown as I crossed my arms together thinking of how kind Lenard is even to people who don't deserve it, "Lenard even after what he did to you. Insulted you? Humiliated you? You still want him to come along?"

Lenard nodded slowly and I raised my eyebrows, "He's my brother. Of course I would." (Lenard) answered. I can feel the honesty from his tone and that made me give up a little but still inviting Lucas is not really a good idea.

"Lenard, I'm sorry but if I have to be honest. Even if he is your twin brother. I don't think family should treat you that way." I told him. Lenard looked shocked hearing about what I said but I wasn't wrong.

He was denying it.

As if I don't notice what other things Lucas had done to you, Lenard.

In terms of physically you're alright... but mentally I'm sure it's taking a toll on you. You've dealt more verbal abuse from both Aunt Haren and Lucas. "I know it should hurt more because you're related to them by blood and you thought of them as family but does it feel right?"

Lenard sighs as he gently holds his arm for support before answering me, "I-It doesn't... but is it really okay?"

I hugged Lenard, it was so sudden but it felt like he needed one of these. First, he reacted surprised, but slowly he relaxed and hugged me back. "It's okay. I only hope you understand why I'm telling you this, Lenard."

"To keep me safe and to know that my family always sticks together." (Lenard)