Side Chapter: The week after the confession.

Narrator's POV

-This chapter is a narration of flashback that happened after the confession-

Days after the confession, our dearest heroine Kein, was heartbroken and tried her best going through the days of training with her father.

"Kein look forward! What are you doing?!" (Baron Hills) yelled while gritting his teeth doing their usual knight training together but these days... she's been out of herself.

Kein was just doing her best dodging, her head was full with thoughts.

Her mind wandered into the abyss of questions. Mainly this... 'Why did Rose reject me? Did I do something wrong?'

Baron Hills could not handle her daughter looking out of shape anymore.

When Alfred carried her with a blank expression, refusing to eat, refusing to talk to anyone, it worried a lot as a father.

When Baron Hills finished his work, he waited everyday patiently for her daughter to come out or at least come forward to talk to him but nothing... he thought maybe Kein needed some time first to think about all these feelings of love.

Of course, he was young before too, so he knows that everyone needs time after a rejection.

However, it has already been a week and Kein has been eating less, not coming to her lessons, and she never visited the orphanage after that.

He wanted to get his daughter back on track. It can't go on like this.

Baron Hills had to apologize mentally to her daughter for whatever's next. He takes his sword, giving it a direct hit against her shoulder, "You must be focused at a battle. If not, your head will be served for the monsters to eat."

Kein snapped back out of it, getting her shoulder hit by the edge of the sword, her eyes widening from pain. She realized that Baron Hills was waiting for her to attack, she grits her teeth looking at the handle of her sword. "A-Apologies father." she mutters feeling mad at herself.

Baron Hills could sense her anger, from the way her body was positioned. Shoulders slumping her eyebrow was twitching, and hands clenched at the handle of her wooden sword for practice.

"Empty your mind for now. We'll have a talk after our spar." (Baron Hills) mutters softly to his daughter.

Kein looks up to his father, can't help but feeling disappointed at herself for feeling this way over a rejection. "Yes, father."

Baron Hills nods and fixes his posture sword at the side. "Your turn, calm yourself down. Take deep breaths. Everything will be alright." (Baron Hills)

She was perplexed by her father's worry but in the end she followed his instructions taking a deep breath, fixing her position, being one with the sword. "Hargh!"

Kein strikes early with anger in her eyes and hesitation.

Trying to empty her mind she strikes everywhere clumsily but still it was better than her dodging everything like before. She managed to get a few hits on the Baron but it wasn't enough.