Chapter 37: Smile.

Chapter 37: Smile.

Kein's POV

"Urgh my head..."

I groaned feeling like my back was being stabbed by a thousand needles and my head feels like it's been hit by a bat.

Did I drink too much again?

"Young miss, you're awake."

I looked up calmly recognizing the voice. Alfred was sitting quietly holding a book somehow reading it fondly. My body was slowly relaxing as I stretched and yawned.

"Alfred what time is it?" I asked standing up from the bed realizing my armor had already been taken out yesterday and polished into one of the stands.

My armor was customized by my father just for me having a dove carrying a rose on its beak for my armor crest. It was silly but... I really can't forget about her and I wanted to honor my family at the same time.

I kept my promise that day like I said.

I looked to the side, my two swords were also safe and on display. I breathed a sigh of relief. I was thankful that Natasha and Vincent were with me when I got drunk or else.

"Roughly nine in the morning, young miss. Master Hills didn't want you to be deprived of sleep so he asked me to just inform you of the events when you wake up." (Alfred) responded timely closing the book. "Lord Vincent and your adventurer friend had to carry you back home drunk."

He stands from his seat and bows. "I shall wait for you outside when you have changed to guide you for today's schedule."

"Alright I'll have a quick bath and then head out." I nod having listened to everything as I take off yesterday's clothes.

Alfred walks away quickly towards the door and closes it.

I roll up my sleeves and take my black top off.

I looked through the mirror fascinated with the work I did. All those years working out was not for nothing huh. A toned six-packs due to all that training, my body was muscular at the same time I had the curve that would make others certainly envious.

However I don't think my body would count as something one can envy anymore.

My hand traveled to the unsightly scars of mine. If Rose saw these... I'm kind of scared of what she'll think of it.

Since magic no longer works on me, meaning I can't be healed and I can't just remove scars that easily now.

There were about twelve different cuts and sizes of scars.

"I don't mind them but... I hope the real Kein won't be mad at me for having her body like this." I sighed trying to ignore all these shitty thoughts. I rubbed through my neck trying to stretch it hearing a satisfying crack.

I took a towel and went inside the bathroom taking a short shower. I poured a citrusy scented shampoo over my head feeling nostalgic. My hands worked through my hair smoothly as I got out of the bathroom, drying myself.

I wore some inner clothing before heading over to my armor. Through much practice I managed to wear them in under two minutes. The breastplate was light, the gauntlet was a little uncomfortable but I have the grip of it, and I have a golden branded battle skirt that makes me move freely in battle.