XXVII.

☁︎︎☀︎︎☁︎︎☀︎︎☁︎︎☀︎︎☁︎

𝟹𝚁𝙳 𝙿𝙴𝚁𝚂𝙾𝙽 𝙿𝙾𝚅

𝟹𝚁𝙳 𝙿𝙴𝚁𝚂𝙾𝙽 𝙿𝙾𝚅.

Everyone was settled into rooms. Barton of course slept in his shared room with his wife, Nat bunked with Banner, Tony bunked with Steve and Thea took the couch. Laura had given Thea a set of changed clothes to change into. It consisted of a simple flannel button-up shirt with some black jeans.

"Hey um, Thea?" The said assassin who was sitting on the couch turned around to see Laura.

"If you don't mind but Cooper has some balls stuck at the top of the house and Clint hasn't gotten the chance to get them. He said you'd be the right person for the job," She said hesitantly as she's been given the background of the dark-haired woman.

"Not an issue, Mrs. Barton," Thea says standing up.

The two stood in front of the house looking up at the roof. "There's probably stuff from he was younger still up there shouldn't be much though..." Laura said.

"Just seeing them sit up there just triggers me...even without the pregnancy." Laura chuckled fidgeting with her hands.

"Shouldn't be much trouble at all." Thea walked over to the railings of the patio. She gradually balanced herself on the rail beam and jumped onto the roof easily.

Laura stood there surprised. "I-I was thinking you'd get a ladder b-but t-that works too..."

Thea softly kicks off all the abandoned balls she came across off the roof. But in the midst of it, she kicks one a little too hard and had the ball strike into Tony's woodpile. When he and Steve looked in her direction she looked away as if she hadn't done anything.

"Oops..." was all she said as she heard Tony yell out. "Calm down Messi, World Cup isn't here until what? The next two or three years..."

•••••

After collecting the balls Thea found herself playing with Clint's kids outside.

"Do it again!!" They cheered.

Thea focused energy into her hands creating a blue fluorescent light swirl around them. Then she would softly release it into the air giving off a unique pattern of blue that diminished almost instantly.

Lila and Cooper came running to her.

"That was so cool!"

"Could you make a bigger one?!"

How she got into this predicament was that when she was minding her own business and had gotten bored she decided to observe her powers. Upon doing that she caught the attention of the Barton children who then bombarded her with questions.