Chapter 5

"I have hurt her so much Alberta, how in the ad could she ever possibly be able to truly forgive me for that? I have told her, repeatedly, that we had to put our duty to the moroi first. That we had to put the moroi before not only ourselves, but that we had to put them before each other. That it didn't matter what we needed or wanted or even how we felt, because the moroi come first. How could she ever possibly be able to forgive me for all of that, for my stupidity, Alberta?" (hell)

"One simple four letter word Dimitri. L-O-V-E, love." She gently reassured me with a smile.

I felt my face split wide open because of how big of a smile that I had on it. I don't remember ever smiling this big before, not in all the previous years of my life put together.

"And you are sure that we can really be together?"

"As I said, you have always been able to be together Dimitri, the only thing that was keeping the two of you apart was you. You just had to want it bad enough to reach out for and grab a hold of it."

"But she's not eighteen yet."

"That is true, but the age of consent in Montana and Pennsylvania is the same as it is in Russia Dimitri. Sixteen. Plus, in the moroi and dhampir world the age of consent is also sixteen. Everywhere." Her words caused me to smile again.

'I have been smiling a lot more in the last twenty or so minutes than I have ever since the day that Ivan died. Well, even before that day to be honest.' I thought to myself happily.

"So if I can get her to forgive me, then we can come out as a couple? I mean we don't even have to hide it from the people here at the academy?"

"Of course you can, if that is what you both want to do. And no, you most certainly do not have to hide it anymore. From anyone."

"What if someone tells the queen?"

"You mean Rose's nonbiological aunt and your actual  biological aunt?"

"Yes. Wait, what do you mean by Roza's nonbiological aunt?"

"Tatiana and Abe have been best friends since they were very young children Dimitri. Pretty much since the age Rose and Lissa were when they first met. Which is why she is one of the very few people in the whole entire world who knows the truth about Rose and Abe's real identities. And she and Rose love each other very much. And as her godmother, Tatiana claims Rose as her niece, just like Rose and Lissa claim each other as sisters and both of them claim Tatiana as their aunt. After you and Rose make up, get her to tell you the truth about where she and Lissa really were while they were away from the academy."

"I don't understand. What do you mean the truth?"

"As I said, get her to tell you because it's not my story to tell."

"All right."

I drug my hands down my face then reached up and pulled the elastic hair tie from my hair and stuck it in the inside pocket of my duster. Before I shook my hair out and combed my fingers through it a few times. That is when I noticed that Alberta was looking at me curiously.

"She prefers my hair down just as I prefer hers down and free."

She smiled and nodded at that little tidbit of information. "Ohhh, ok. Good luck Dimitri, I'm going to give you two some uninterrupted time together. I will have patrols around making sure that no one interrupts the two of you. And you both have a pass for tonight, tomorrow, tomorrow night, Sunday and Sunday night to be in each other's rooms. Also, since tomorrow is Saturday, I am also canceling your trainings for tonight and the whole weekend. That should give the two of you plenty of uninterrupted time to talk everything through. Before we have to leave for the ski lodge on Monday human morning."