Chapter 33

HELLO TO ALL OF MY WONDERFUL READERS. FIRST, I WOULD LIKE TO APOLOGISE I HAD A BRAIN FRITZE YESTERDAY AND FORGOT THAT IT WAS UPDATE DAY. I KNOW, I KNOW, PLEASE FORGIVE ME. AS YOU ALL KNOW I HAVE HAD A LOT OF MEDICAL PROBLEMS GOING ON THE LAST FEW MONTHS. SECONDLY, MY APPOINTMENT TO FIND OUT IF I AM GOING TO HAVE TO HAVE EYE SURGERY AGAIN IS COMING UP VERY SOON. SO, THIS WILL BE MY LAST UPDATE UNTIL I FIND OUT ONE WAY OR THE OTHER. IF I DO NOT POST AGAIN FOR MY REGULARLY SCHEDULED UPDATE, THEN YOU WILL KNOW. BUT I WILL BE UPDATING AGAIN WHEN I GET THE GO AHEAD. SO, I AM PERSONALLY PRAYING THAT I DO NOT HAVE TO HAVE SURGERY AGAIN. AND THAT IS IT FOR WHAT AFFECTS MY POSTINGS. I LOVE YOU GUYS AND ASK THAT YOU PLEASE CONTINUE TO STICK WITH ME. 

"Anyway, the reason that they trained me so hard is because we all knew that if Lissa and I ever had to come back here. Or to any other academy for that matter. Then I would have to once again train as a dhampir to become a guardian at least for a while. And none of them wanted either one of us to be any farther behind, than was absolutely necessary, in anything. We did our academic schoolwork for eight hours a day five days a week, and on Saturday there was another guardian that trained Lissa to run. After that we traveled for a while longer. Then after Lissa's seventeenth birthday bash baba, Aunt El, Aunt Tati, and mommy Al, all told us that we were going to have to come back to the academy. Apparently the four of them had been discussing it for a few months by then. But we all knew that if we were ever going to find out who was really after Lissa and put an end to it and them for good. And I did want to find out who it was so that I could put an end to their zadnitsy myself, permanently. Because I knew that if we didn't... that if I didn't, then she would never truly be safe. And I still intend to make sure that Victor meets his end. Slowly, painfully, and very very VERY bloodily. Anyway, as I was saying, I knew that once we graduated and she was assigned more book instead of instinct driven guardians. That they would not know when something was brewing, they would only know and react to what was right in front of their faces, what they had absolute concrete proof of. So, they wouldn't know to be extra careful with her. You know just as well as I do that Stan, and probably several other's just like him around the world, teach their students that you are to go strictly by the book and ignore our instincts." (daddy, asses)

"Yes, I know. I also know that that is wrong. If it weren't for the instincts of some of the best guardians out there, including you. Then we would have lost a ad of a lot more of our people than what we already have. Guardians who have the guts to listen to and let their instincts guide them are to be commended. Regardless of what Alto and the others like him think, listening to your instincts is not a bad thing, it is something to be praised and commended. If it weren't for my listening to my own instincts, I would have lost more than a few fights over the years. Not to mention the fact that we would not be here right now if I had not listened to my instincts and came to tell you about Tasha's offer. I would not have been standing right outside of that door listening to you cry your way through the song that you were singing repeatedly when Alberta and I showed up. As for Alto, I think that the reason he is more book instead of instinct oriented is because that is the way that he was trained and taught. He went to one of the more obscure academies, one in Maine if I am not mistaken, so his instructor taught him and his classmates not to rely on their instincts. Which, as I said and you already know, is wrong. So, he doesn't really know any better than what he was taught, no one does, not really." (hell)

"Exactly, which is why that is going to be just one of the first changes that I make when I take the throne. And thank GOD for your instincts detka." (baby)

"Thank you, angel moya. They led me straight to you after all, even with the tips. Just as they led me to come to your room and tell you of Natasha's despicable offer. And it sounds like when you were in Turkey with your father you had very full days. I mean six hours of training a day, eight hours of academics, an hour, and a half to eat three meals, a half an hour to shower or bathe, and then eight hours to sleep. Your days were even more full back then than what they are now, even though we train one hour more than you did then." I smiled. (my)