Chapter 27

She smiled a radiant smile at me this time. "Thank you, Mitya. I really appreciate that detka." (baby)

"You are very welcome, lyubov' moya." I replied as I squeezed her hand, that she had laid back on my leg, in reassurance. I interwove our fingers together as they continued to rest on my upper thigh. (my love)

That is when Tasha sat down across from me and got straight to the point. But when she sat down, she tried to reach out and hold my hand. But I pulled my hand back away from her to pick up my water bottle. I purposefully did something with that hand because I didn't want her to think that I was intentionally being mean or rude to her. I didn't want to set her off because I knew that doing so would also set off lyubov' moya. (my love)

With an almost undetectable, by anyone who didn't know her, frown upon her face Tasha spoke to me. "Dimka..."

'Bog I hate her calling me that.' I thought to myself. (God)

"... have you thought about my offer?"

From my peripheral vision I saw the scowls on everyone else, at the tables, faces at her question.

"Tasha, I wasn't able to tell you yesterday because we were interrupted by Janine Hathaway. But I can't leave the academy, I won't."

"Why not?!!!" She whined, almost screaming actually, like a yebanaya petulant zadnitsa child. Hearing an adult who is almost three times their age behaving that way made not only me but the other five people at this table look at her incredulously. (fucking, ass)

"Because I won't leave my girlfriend and soul mate and go off somewhere else with someone else that's why."

She gasped, "you have a girlfriend?!!" She squealed with a very forced and fake smile on her face, but only after quiet a lengthy and obvious moment of shock.

"Yes, I do, and I love her VERY much as a matter of a fact. She is not only my soul mate, but she is my everything. Nothing in my life would ever make sense without her by my side and me by hers. Without her I would be nothing but a shell of a man because she means absolutely EVERYTHING to me. And she always will. Always and forever. And I love her so much that I am also hoping that someday, very soon, that she will agree to become my wife." I squeezed my Roza's hand when I said always and forever. That is OUR phrase, our vow to each other, after all.

Again, Tasha paused for several moments before she said anything more. "Oh... Dimka that's so wonderful. I am so sorry; I never would have asked if I'd known. Do I get to meet her?" I don't know about any of the other four at the table, but Roza and I could both hear the lies, malice, and hatred in Tasha's voice. But as I said, I don't know if Lissa, Christian, Mason, and Eddie could hear them or not.

Other than that, there was something else very odd about her reaction, not only did her words and reactions just not ring true for me. I mean they didn't match at all. But I just chalked the rest of it up to disappointment and shock at the news that I am in love and hoping to marry soon. Or at least I tried to anyway. But looking into her eyes what I saw there was not happiness for a friend. To be honest it looked more like anger, rage, and was that jealousy that I saw in there alongside the hatred and malice?

"She is not happy about this Mitya, I can see it in her aura, she is PISSED that you are turning her down."

"Maybe she'll take it better once she finds out who my girlfriend, and hopefully future wife, is."

"I wouldn't expect it if I were you. She is jea-loussss and furious and even though she doesn't know who I am yet. There is also an absolute burning hatred in her aura for the person that you are talking about. Also, yes, I would very much love for us to get married one day very soon."