Chapter 31

"Yes, it was. They did that about three months before Lissa and I left the academy. It was just weeks before that that we found out about the ghosts. And the effects that the wards, or lack thereof I should say, have on me physically and mentally."

"What do you mean Roza?"

"Well, for some reason that we still don't know, the wards failed in the middle of the human day. Stan was doing his rounds in the hallway outside of my room and he heard me screaming from the pain. No one else had heard me because of just how few novices there are in the female dorms. As you know I am the only person that lives on this level of the female dorms."

I nodded.

"But anyway, when he heard me screaming, he didn't take the time to find and use his pass key to get in he just kicked the door down. Shocked the absolute der'mo out of me a few days later when I finally saw what happened. I never thought that he was strong enough to do something like that. Apparently, he thought that someone had somehow gotten inside my room and was attacking me in some way. Which is why he didn't take the time to find and use his key." (shit)

"Maybe it was the boost of adrenalin, worry, concern, and fear that gave him that extra push."

"I suppose that is possible. Now I don't remember any of this, I have only been told what happened and shown the security footage as well as Lissa showing me what she saw."

"Ok, I understand."

"Anyway, on the security footage I could hear myself screaming in pain for almost a good fifteen minutes before Stan got here. It was just by divine intervention that Alto just happened to be walking down my hallway so shortly after it started."

She shook her head for a moment before speaking again. "Comrade, I don't ever want ANYONE to be in as much pain as I had to have been in in order to scream in such a way. It sounded like I was being torn to pieces by a pack of psi-hounds or starved strigoi."

"I don't want you to ever have to go through anything like that ever again Roza moya. NOT EVER." (my)

She smiled at me before cupping my cheek gently and saying, "thank you sooo much, Comrade."

"You're very welcome detka. I should definitely thank Alto too." I said as I nuzzled my face into the palm of her hand. (baby)

"I thanked him when I came back to myself. He laughed and asked me, 'you're not going soft on me now are you Hathaway?' I just laughed and told him, 'no chance Alto'." She replied with a lite laugh.

I gave a lite laugh myself and told her, "of course you two just couldn't bury the hatchet, could you?"

"Noooo, of course not Comrade. Who would keep the novices entertained and awake during his class if we did that?" She full on laughed this time and I joined her.

Several minutes later she continued. "Anyway, as I was saying, Stan busted my door in half right down the middle and down off of its hinges. He ran into my room and seconds later he came running out with a screaming, unconscious, and flailing me in his arms. He couldn't even activate his comms unit because he was trying to hold onto me to where I wouldn't manage to fling myself out of his arms and into the floor."

I shook my head as I tried to imagine her like that, but I just couldn't do it. I just couldn't manage to bring myself to imagine her in that kind of pain and misery. And I hoped and prayed that I never have to see it either. But even more than that I prayed to Bog that she would never have to experience it again. EVER. (God)

We may need to get moroi from each specialty to travel around with us after graduation. So that way if we ever go anywhere that is not warded, or if the wards on the jet that she is on even starts to so much as flicker. Then they can replace or reinforce them just as quickly as possible.